Hunting / Gun Owners?

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Nosaki Faki
I like starions

Post by Nosaki Faki »

Government kneejerk reaction to port arthur massacre!!

Essentially taking guns from all the responsible owners that did have them registered and did the right thing while doing nothing to effect those that had unregistered firearms or halting the black market.

Ban all semi automatic rifles and automatic/pump action shotguns.
I lost my grandfathers A5 browning in the whole buyback thing and only got $250 for it, along with a couple of rifles was really not a happy camper.
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving just wasn't your sport!
palmystar
Dorifto!

Post by palmystar »

I have a ruger semi auto .22 that i use regularly for possum shooting in nz.

Also hunt deer over here as well. don't use a .22 for that though. haha have an oldschool .303 for those duties. Old rifle but does the trick. :)
If its not broken. Don't fix it
KiwiStaz
I like starions more

Post by KiwiStaz »

I can't say the NZ firearms laws make much sense to me either.
- users licensed but firearms not so no knows how many are out there in unlicensed peoples hands.
- hunting crossbows legal without license yet more lethal than a 22.

We had major law changes after our version of port arthur (down in dunedin when I was a young fella). Sorry can't remember any more details than that.
"aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines" - Enzo Ferrari

"I used to be frightened by the idea of having a racing accident and not being able to wake up again. Now things are changed. I often fall asleep during a GP, but at least I have the reasonable certainty of being able to wake up, later."