No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
FST4RD
almost postwhore

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by FST4RD »

JAS text me yesterday to give me some bad news...
Apparently the guy that bought MY Starion has stacked it trying to drift :(
I've tried texting the guy but I'm not having any luck contacting him....
I hope it's not a write off or anything
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

Thats no good, tell him I have all the body parts he needs and I'll trade them for his wheels.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Well I hope it's not a write off.... I hope it's fixable to be honest.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

SHIT!!! I hope u heard wrong mate. God things some people do just astound me.
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Finally got a text back from him tonight, apprantly he lost control and went sideways into a gutter. Not to sure of the damage though but I can imagine if it's a gutter then maybe a smashed mag wheel or 2 and some bent suspention arms.... well I hope that's all it is.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

God thats gotta piss u off eh, pity u needed the cash so couldnt screen the buyer. Then again offer to buy it back off him for 3k haha :)
S0LJAH
I love starions

Post by S0LJAH »

Lunacy wrote:Then again offer to buy it back off him for 3k haha :)
not a bad idea if its suspension damage etc :wink:
then just leave it in a shed till a rainy day
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

He's going to fix it... although it ain't going to be cheap...
He needs:
1 rear 5 stub hub (almost impossible to get)
New rear rotor (almost as impossible)
Bottom swing arm
Brake caliper
Caliper mount
Brake hose
Apparently he shared the hub axle right off where the cv bolt on to it.
I'm thinking that if he's done that then he's possibly done some chassis damage as well.
Not going to be a cheap fix!
BoNeS NZ
Newcomer

Post by BoNeS NZ »

the damage is not to bad ,, im the guy who introduced him to starions, what we need is this :

5 stud right rear hub
5 stud brake discs,
right rear calliper and mount
right rear lower arm

also need the left rear 5 stud matching disc until the money becomes available to put on hi spec rotors again :P

chassis rails and everything else look fine, no stress marks , a little damage to the wheel arch but nothing major ,, not to bad to fix, hardest part is to find the 5 stud parts and hes not having mine LOL,,,

any help finding these parts would be great ,,
and i cant say the car wont get damaged again, he is young, but he is keen to keep it and have it as the classic that it is, and one day ill get mine back on the road and join him
84 GSR V, Factory DASH, Factory Badged as a Conquest, Not Quite STD lol , but needs TLC
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

5 stud stuff isn't that hard to get surely? All 86 onwards NZ-new Starions (UK spec clone) were 5 stud not to mention the import GSR-Vs which a few are floating around the country. Just sucks that most of the wrecks are the earlier 4 stud stuff.

Find a 5 stud Starion on trademe, carjam it to find the chassis number, take that number to a Mitsubishi dealer and see what prices they can get for control arm and disc rotor, I would imagine the caliper and pad itself will be the same for the 4 stud models, much like how they are on the front. It's just the caliper mount which will have different lengths to account for the larger diameter rotor (which is part of the hub isn't it?).. hrmm 5 stud hub may be a bit difficult to find.. I've been looking for a little while and haven't found anything.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

I just found a 87 widebody at a wrecker locally. If worse comes to worse, let me know, i can source the parts. I just finished degreasing a lsd unti for another member, and will be shipping it out tomorrow.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

dirtygalant wrote:5 stud stuff isn't that hard to get surely? All 86 onwards NZ-new Starions (UK spec clone) were 5 stud not to mention the import GSR-Vs which a few are floating around the country. Just sucks that most of the wrecks are the earlier 4 stud stuff.

Find a 5 stud Starion on trademe, carjam it to find the chassis number, take that number to a Mitsubishi dealer and see what prices they can get for control arm and disc rotor, I would imagine the caliper and pad itself will be the same for the 4 stud models, much like how they are on the front. It's just the caliper mount which will have different lengths to account for the larger diameter rotor (which is part of the hub isn't it?).. hrmm 5 stud hub may be a bit difficult to find.. I've been looking for a little while and haven't found anything.
When I upgraded the discs to slotted cross drilled ones, somehow this guy found out and got hold of wanting my old factory disc because for love nor money you can't get them in NZ and he said it was some ridiculous price...
4 Stud hubs are piece of piss to get, trying to get 1 5 stud hub will be hard... you might be able to score a set off someone or a pair perhaps?
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Yep 5 stud cars just dont get wrecked in NZ, most people who own them are so damn careful with them since they are so rare.
You can get parts from the states but stuff like hubs and rotors arent cheap to ship.
Was gonna cost me around $600 for a full set of cross drilled rotors shipped to NZ last time i checked.
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

$600 thats cheap!
I think the guy that bought the ones off me for $100 said that the factory ones are like $250-300 each! as you don't get aftermarket ones except in the states....
Yeah your right about the 5 stud hubs...
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

I don't know if the calipers are the same either since the brakes are bigger then the 4 stud model?
If the pads are stuffed it had greenstuff pads all round to...