Nimbus with NA 4G63

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

can you pm me the ph number of the wrecker greg? especially if they're JB/JD's
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

Nimbus wrote: If I could find an AWD one in NZ or Japan that I could import, I'd do it for sure. Toughen up the driveline, throw a worked VR4 motor in it, and head for the track.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 024221.htm

Buy this weapon
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
Defective
Enthusiast

Post by Defective »

Nimbus wrote:
i wonder if owners of 'actual sportscars' knew they were in a race...
Haha, I see where you're going with this! I'm not some P plater honda driver with a fart cannon claiming to have the baddest car on the road because he 'beats' retired STi drivers from the lights. rofl
I don't hoon around much these days any more.
Yes they did.
welcome along mate, and good to see you have a sence of humour as well..
i actually quite like 'oddball' projects like this, its kind of refreshing to see something a bit left of field every now and then.
oz, here i come....
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

kiwieurospec wrote:
Nimbus wrote: If I could find an AWD one in NZ or Japan that I could import, I'd do it for sure. Toughen up the driveline, throw a worked VR4 motor in it, and head for the track.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 024221.htm

Buy this weapon
Saved to my watchlist! I would be keen on this for laughs haha
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

Nimbus wrote:
nah the MR turbo was only FWD while the MT was 4WD and non-turbo. Wouldn't be hard to make a MT 4WD into a turbo MR hybrid, althought I think most of the MT 4WDs were 4G63 SOHC carb
They weren't DOHC though right? Now I really want an MT so I can go fullhouse evo0 motor!
Nah not DOHC, 4G62 SOHC with a TC05 just like the early Jap spec Cordia turbos.

My 4WD Cordia had the transfer case go above the steering rack and the crossmember was dropped down even further to go under the transfer case. The shifter was cable shift with three cables going to the gearbox. It was part-time 4WD with a switch on the top of the supershift (power/economy) lever.

The tunnel was definitely higher to suit, and it seems the rear bootfloor was higher too and the fuel tank was definitely different.

As for the rear diff and subframe, it was similar to the existing FWD setup but the main beam was much thicker and housed a torsion bar inside of it to act as the spring as there was no external coil spring - just a pair of short shocks where they were meant to be. The diff was attached to the middle of the main beam and also then solid mounted to the chassis of the car, then it had independant driveshafts going to the hubs.

It's nothing like my Eterna/Starion subframe and it's nothing like the Galant VR-4 subframe either - definitely a wacky 'tack on' afterthought for sure. It was plain to see that the car was not designed to be 4WD to begin with.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
kiwi_EX
I like starions more

Post by kiwi_EX »

This is the Chariot you want

http://www.kinki-company.co.jp/detail/s ... no=1815580

4WD and Factory Turbo, was looking at one for the girlfirend (on TradeMe) but she couldn't afford the gas.
1988 Mitsubishi Starion EX Widebody
1987 Mitsubishi Starion EX
1991 Mitsubishi L200 Double Cab Sport
2010 Holden Colorado Ute
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

thats the RVR you're having when you're not having an RVR
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

Defective
Enthusiast

Post by Defective »

redzone wrote:thats the RVR you're having when you're not having an RVR
a guy in the local mitsi club had a real quick one of those. i think from memory it was pulling mid to high 11s down the quarter, babyseats and all :D
the motor is basically just a slightly de-tuned evo3 motor, so tons of aftermarket gear... just hard to find a manual one.
oz, here i come....
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah rob barac (of apc yellow evo3 fame)'s wife had one, rob used to put all of the superceded hot up bits from his evo on it when he upgraded, it ended up doing low 11's LOL

Defective
Enthusiast

Post by Defective »

no way id trust my missus in a 11sec car... scary enough in a 21 sec car... rofl rofl rofl rofl
oz, here i come....
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

oh man, dont make me go buy one of these. There are awd ones all day long for 400 or less around here. Hell I snagged a good free carbed 4g63 out of a awd one a while back lol. Been sitting ni my garage taking up space for a year now.

I wonder if you could make it rwd by tossing a truck transmission behind it and flipping the engine.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero