what starion is most suitable as a daily

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
gj_wagon
[P] Plater austaz

what starion is most suitable as a daily

Post by gj_wagon »

thinking of getting a starion.

after a reliable (more reliable then a sigma) daily driver, which will be made into a 'tarmac rally' special

which model and or style wide/narrow would be best...

i like the looks of all but more so JB/D
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

For a daily driver i think it doesnt matter what model it is, although a JB/D would be nicer.
Look for ones with stuff like
-Rebuilt motor/turbo (big plus in reliability)
-MPI conversion (adds reliability if conversion was done right and can make car drive better)
-Other general roadworthy things like rust, condition of brakes and suspension etc.
-One that doesnt have electrical gremlins

I myself have a JA i bought as a daily that already had MPI and a rebuilt motor. Its great, although sometimes i wish i had aircon(mine was removed). JA is also easier to get parts for although its not impossible to get JB/D bits.

Dont buy a cheap rough one and think "it will do." Spend a little extra on a good condition one as you will spend less on it in the long run over a cheap one.
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

well said.
bodeo
Big Dorifto

Post by bodeo »

Hi Mate,

I'd suggest a narrowbody if you plan to race. Widebodies weren't sold in Australia and are very rare, not to mention the additional weight.

The JA starion is most common domestic model, with JB and JD's being much rarer.

A friend is selling a nice JA, which is good order (eg. nice paint, strong motor, solid suspension, brakes work well etc) for $4,500 negotiable. The car is good daily driver and would provide solid platform to build upon. PM me if you are interested.

Cheers
Troy
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Check out www18u's JA and JB for sale (here in Sydney) . The maroon JB would be my pick.

Would be worth the cost of the call to Bodeo as well to get some broader view and options. wait you time and pick the right one, not the first one.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah i'd suggest a late JA (series 2) or a JB for a driver. and +1 for shannon's car..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
gj_wagon
[P] Plater austaz

Post by gj_wagon »

yeah thanks guys.

should have stipulated looking to buy in a couple of months
leoca
I've been here before

Post by leoca »

I would strongly recommend a Jb Starion.
i used to own a cordia ...and i thought that was good, but this is luxury. I has over 263,000 on the clock and no smoke or engine woes!. Buy of the decade for the price I paid...