My funniest Starion story is . . .

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Mr Ralliart
Mine is bigger than yours

My funniest Starion story is . . .

Post by Mr Ralliart »

Thought this might be a fun thread as I'm sure we all have some rippers .

This is probably my favourite :

I was driving home from work one night some years back at about 10pm and came round the corner to find a heap of cops doing Random Breath Testing . As there were so many of them I was shitting myself thinking they'd take one look at the Starion and start 'checking' things . Anyway eventually it was my turn and a cop in his mid 30's walks up to me towards the back of the cue , gets to the window and says :
" Good evening sir , you've been pulled up for the purpose of HOLY SHIT A STARION !!!!!!" .

He then started raving on about how when he was a rookie with the country Highway Patrol in N.S.W before he transferred up to QLD , the Highway Patrol cars were Cordia Turbos but his boss and him had the one and only Starion and went on for about 10 mins about how fast it was etc. etc.

He then sent me on my way waving with a big smile on his face .

I never got to blow in the bag .
Last edited by Mr Ralliart on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
マンコ ハンター。
Maximum Gains from Minimum Mods.
Starion Evolution . Lancer Evolution .

benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

i have one really good one but seeing as it involved 2 cops in my car, and 4 in the Hwy pursuit that was in the lane beside mine but about a K behind, divulging any more information may be incriminating :P
JPC
almost postwhore

Post by JPC »

Nachoman! I won't steal your thunder - tell the one about "been doing some burnouts hey, mate?" :wink:
Starion nutter since 1988...
1983 JA, 1984 JA, 1985 JB (all rego'd, all running :D )
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

JPC wrote:Nachoman! I won't steal your thunder - tell the one about "been doing some burnouts hey, mate?" :wink:
Ahhh yes...
A few years back, I was driving home from a mate's place, going through an industrial area at night, when I was approached by an unmarked police car with 4 Mr Plods in it driving with it's headlights off. When they got to about 10 metres from my car, the headlights and the blue removable Disco light came on, so i stopped.
I was approached to by 2 of them, but a young cop, (clearly a rookie), asked me the usual questions of where I had been, where was I going, and to see my licence. I felt it rude to refuse so I obliged, and was then asked to step out of the car. The idiot then proceeded to feel my front tyres, (yes front!) and suggest that i "had been doing too many burnouts mate." I informed him that the car was a RWD, but he persisted, and suggested that he knew better! I guess he thought it was a Cordia. Meanwhile the other plod present was shaking his head, but I'm not quite sure if it was at me, or his idiot colleague.
Anyway, i was given a defect notice for some truly trivial shit, and told to behave myself.

I'm not sure that I got through to the idiot about what sort of car mine was, and the fact that it was a RWD. :roll:
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

hahaha I had the same thing happen to me, but I convinced him.

Last week, I had this skyline trying to race me after coming off the highway, and then he pulled up next to me at the lights, and said "Holy shit you don't see a starion around these days". He then proceeded to try and drive next to me and stop next to me whenever he could to just talk to me about my car. He was in awe of it. It was quite cool.

I have also had a fun occasion when I raced my mate (who is a very high up highway patrol officer) in his brand new Monaro highway car. He wanted to see how the new patrol car went. Aparently they often test the new cars against each others. Like they had tested the XR6 turbo VS the new Commodore. Aparently the XR6 turbo wasn't as good as the Commo. LOL

Anyways, no funny stories. Just those boring ones.

Oh and I hate my car being called different kinds. I have had RX7, cordia, mazda, and a little while ago a chevy. I mean WTF. A chevy? Are they blind
zippo
I've been here before

Post by zippo »

my story is in relation to something recently posted regarding ???????

i cant get into to it that much coz it may and most likely bring unwanted attention. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

im sure for those that know what i am on about will understand.

what a shame i dont go out more.
i may need to change the colour , nahhhhhhhhhhh
old skool jap ...........
there is no substitute...........
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

nah just change the wheels. LOL
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
zippo
I've been here before

Post by zippo »

i am looking around , but i dont know what will fit .
one thing i like about them , the tyres are filled with nitrogen and they make the ride nice , also the thing sitts around and no matter what they never go flat .

i dont mind the retro look , i might ripp one off and stripp it and polish it up it may give it a new look
old skool jap ...........
there is no substitute...........
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

keep an eye on otomoto, they quite often have 4 stud or 9 hole wheels in a good offset that will fit. i bought some 17's a while back that had 9 hole rear and 5 stud front in a +15mm, i checked with them if the fronts could be drilled for another 4 holes, they could, i bought em, and drilled em, they're awesome wheels....
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Starion_Kid696
[P] Plater austaz

Post by Starion_Kid696 »

my funniest story was having 3 cop cars rock up to my house... me wearing bogan clothes and another 3 mates half naked as we were gunna go swimming sumwhere. 2 marked cars and the undercover 380 came, 7 cops all up... expensive lesson that was.

another funny story was popping the bonnet and saying "dont touch anything.. it may be hot" and i tapped the raidator cap and BAM the turbo water cooling line broke and showered me in hot coolant in front of my mates.... damn starion.

another (yes i have a few) was crusiing homewards with 3 chick mates... get pulled over by police... they start asking questions " where have you been???" "ummm night swimming down at the river" "where u guys going??" "umm maccas to get a feed then home" "niiiicceeee carry on" and they left... only a licence check... no RBT

another one was going to drive home from a mates at 3am in the morning.... tried to push in the clutch... pedal soft and straight to the floor.... damn clutch leak... being tired and all poored motor oil into the resivour thinking it woudl work.... didnt but yeh felt stupid walkign abck in and asking to borrow sumones car to get home.

more to come :)
crshbndct
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by crshbndct »

being pulled for no other reason than to tell me he used to have one, and did i know of any others for sale, as he missed his.
3 Most Important Sayings of Motor Car Racing:
1)"To Finish First, First You Must Finish" - Jackie Stewart
2)"For Speed, Add Lightness" - Colin Chapman
3)"Hondas Are Gay" - Valentino Rossi