Lakeside Raceway Possibly Reopening

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
woops
Big Dorifto

Lakeside Raceway Possibly Reopening

Post by woops »

Has anybody got any info about Lakeside raceway on the northside of Brisbane possibly reopening.

I got some information that there was another big push to get it reopened. Not unusual i know as many people were really pissed off when it got closed down due to nearby residents complaining about the noise, even though they moved there a long time after the raceway was there.

This most recent push to reopen has been taken a bit more seriously as i know for a fact from a mate who works in the police dept that the cops have been stopped from using the racecourse to test all their radar and other equipment because of the potential of it reopening.

I'm all for it as it would benefit many thousands of people and would only peeve off a few residents. Be good to have a raceway only 30 min away rather than the closest being at willowbank which is over an hour and a half away.

Oh yeah the reason why it got closed down originally was cause a resident had powerful connections within the council. Bloody corrupt politicians don't just exist in the state and federal govt At least they can never destroy the track itself. Heritage listed.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Re: Lakeside Raceway Possibly Reopening

Post by enthuzed »

woops wrote:Not unusual i know as many people were really pissed off when it got closed down due to nearby residents complaining about the noise, even though they moved there a long time after the raceway was there.
Common as for capital cities everywhere, muchachious. (spelin?)
woops wrote: Bloody corrupt politicians don't just exist in the state and federal govt At least they can never destroy the track itself. Heritage listed.
Corruption runs rife at every level. At least heritage listing gives it a good chance of survival (it can be overturned if there's enough $ in it and enough arseholes who want something out it for themselves).
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

if it was up to me, I would hang every last one of those whining bitches who move next to a race track then complain about noise. They've been trying to get portland international raceway here in oregon closed for a while. These dirtbag trailer trash across the highway and some yuppies who built a house next to it expect our only precious track to close down because they move in? I say its means to death by hanging...

Reminds me of these people who moved into a place by the nude beach then complained about the nude beach. Too many stupid people in this world...

I hope the track gets reopened
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

^^^ And they run events day and night, every single day.

You guys could almost do that over there, you have enough people interested in motorsport...
How?
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

At least they can never destroy the track itself. Heritage listed.

on this point i'm sure i saw the listing of the track when it was for sale stating " to be used for anything other than intended purpose" i.e. not a race track.

if it re-opens back to d'bay i go.. lol loved watching the racing on that track and as for the numbnuts that move next to a track and complain about noise F.O.A.D. thats about as much as i care for you!!!! but hey it works for night clubs too.. whaaaaa i bought a unit near a nightclub .. close it down!.. oh ok lets do that. GGGRRRRR

/unintelligable rambling followed by rage quit!!
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

I really hope they can get it up and going again

I'd love to see another starion lapping at 58 sec like the old boy's used to !!! :D :D :D
Why drink n drive when u can drift n slide ?
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

It was a great circuit to drive and watch - lots of action, lots of corners, up hill down hill camber changes, over taking, late braking - a 'real' track. Shit I miss it and would jump at the opportunity to go back again.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

INP51 wrote:I really hope they can get it up and going again

I'd love to see another starion lapping at 58 sec like the old boy's used to !!! :D :D :D
hey guess what chris i now own your old car.. and the INP51 plates....
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

oh really !!???!! hows she going ???
Why drink n drive when u can drift n slide ?
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah its pretty rough, i bought it off that kiwi dude u sold it too, i'm in the process of fixing everything up and repairing the paintwork and getting the interior up to scratch so i can sell it! putting it all back to original.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Reddy, red, Redzone!

Another one being given a new lease of life...
How?