sonata-l300 flow---

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
zippo
I've been here before

sonata-l300 flow---

Post by zippo »

has any one actually tested both ????

wich one flows better , and what is best in relation to power.

only real tested opinions please , not what looks better , is easier to fit or which one you have on your car compared to your mates .

i actually mean running both on the same engine and comparing the power and flow ratings ..
old skool jap ...........
there is no substitute...........
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

I doubt anybody here has tested them. I believe people choose one or the other with regards to piping to the TB/intercooler etc, not flow. I doubt there would be a huge difference unless there are big changes in diameters along the way. Plenum size may also be different, some believe this will make a difference to final power also
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Cookie has run both L300 and Sonata when he was one of the brethren, he'd be best placed to comment on any difference but from what I gathered from him, is the Sonata allowed a bit better top end whereas the L300 was better low/mid range (due mainly to the longer runners).

Looking at both however its not hard to see the L300 plenum is a restriction.

the other advantage of the Sonata is the scope to fit bigger T/body. You cant really get a 65mm t/b on the L300.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
zippo
I've been here before

Post by zippo »

thanks ...

i have seen custom plenum jobs on both , and you can fitt a larger t/body on both ...

i am running a ford 65mm on mine . plenum size and air volume x boost xdisplacement of engine x size of turbo work in race teams , but i have freinds runinning magna items with ford t/body in their sigmas acheive wonders from this basic set up..

11's in a full street sigma is pretty impresive , yes it is a budet build now , but they have been mucking around for 10 years to get it there .
trial and error cost $$$$$ .

i preffer the 4g63 , due to its development over the years .

sorry 2.6 guy's , i hate the chain , it reminds me of a clapped out early model magna .
old skool jap ...........
there is no substitute...........
woops
Big Dorifto

Post by woops »

Yeah putting a xf throttle body is really easy to do on the L300 manifold. All you have to do is drill out the holes on the xf throttle body a bit more to fit it onto the mounting, and then you have to get the little indent on the top of the manifold filled in with a alloy welder and then just rebored to suit the 65 throttle body.
I did it to my L300 manifold but i have changed to a sonata throttle body to suit a bigger intercooler setup and to reduce the length of the piping. I have both here modified but am yet to see how much of a difference there will be, and won't know if the different intercooler would make a difference.
I will be chucking it on the dyno to see how much of a difference there will be though. Let you know the results later on though, might take a little while though.