Narrow power band

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Sigve_B
Big Dorifto

Narrow power band

Post by Sigve_B »

Was doing some gravel drifting and had big problems with the narrow power band so just wondered if its normal for the starion to hit max boost at around 4000rpm+ and just keep going strong to 5500rpm ? Got an 2.5" exhaust intercooler and greenfilter no other mods..
Would like to have max boost at around 3000rpm ? any tips ?

Thanks Sigve
vroooom pttshhh!! :D
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

td05 b16g off mrb1
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

TC06 turbos are lazy, out with the old and in with the new :)
Sigve_B
Big Dorifto

Post by Sigve_B »

Ok, so the turbo got to go :( What turbo do i need for 2.3 Stroker aiming at 400 to the wheel ? dont want to buy a turbo now and a new one later... 20G ? or garret ?
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

400hp at the wheels?
U got a lotta work ahead of you if your going twincam to make that power, and a fairly impossible challenge if ur attempting it from sohc.

If you got a turbo designed for a high hp 2.3l and wacked it onto a 2l stocker it'd perform worse than the stock tc-06
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Garrett GT3076R will do both.....
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Sigve_B
Big Dorifto

Post by Sigve_B »

Starion_Turbo wrote:400hp at the wheels?
U got a lotta work ahead of you if your going twincam to make that power, and a fairly impossible challenge if ur attempting it from sohc.

If you got a turbo designed for a high hp 2.3l and wacked it onto a 2l stocker it'd perform worse than the stock tc-06
Nothing wrong with aiming high :) My head work guy says its possible, got some advance computer simulating program that calculates Hp and NM even in a graph like at the dynos... gonna run E85 fuel so there is some Hp to gain there... :)