Coilovers on trademe

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
cannonballer
[P] Plates

Coilovers on trademe

Post by cannonballer »

Hey guys. just found these on trade...wanna buy them and the guy says they will fit in my 83 staz, but then he said they would fit in everyone elses car aswell.
are these the same as the ones oscar sells?the guy doesnt seem to be much help when answering questions so thought i'd hear what you guys thought.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 132955.htm

Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

They would likley fit any car with a strut assembly that has a stable base plate and retaining top provided it has a 50mm shock tube that the alloy base tubes could fit around.

This particular set won't fit a starion as the seller lists
"Spring length is 185mm, tube length is 120mm, and tube ID is 50mm"

A starions shock cartridge is 54mm/55mm outter diameter hence a 50mm tube retainer won't fit over it to seat the springs on.

This coilover set also dosn't have a low tension top spring to take up slack at the full extension of the shocks travel, ie big bumps / dips in road may cause clunking noise as the spring looses contact with the retaining platforms.

Sorry to break bad new
Dallas
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
cannonballer
[P] Plates

Post by cannonballer »

hey cheers for the quick reply.just ripped into the guy on trademe for straight out lying to me and probably half the people on the auction. he just answered yes to everyones question regarding fitment, so I let him know how I felt about that :glare: I sure told him! haha
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

and he put you in your place as well. lol

I dont think i would buy of such a shady character... far too arrogant
1983 JA Staz