JE Pistons

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

JE Pistons

Post by Lunacy »

Hi all
Im going to be ordering my new JEs and Eagle rods shortly and was just wondering whether its going to make any difference getting the 1st or 2nd generation ones (ie 21mm or 22mm wrist pins). Im guessing strengthwise its comparing apples with apples. Will be going with vr4 head etc.
Any opinions on which JEs are better would be appreciated
Ta
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

I think it gets messy trying to find Conrods with the 22mm Gudgen Pin (2G) which has the right big end size for the 6 Bolt Crankshaft (1G)....

Direct from Wiseco, you don't need the upgraded 21mm Pins they have available unless your pushing 800Hp, so I think you will be fine with just the standard 21mm pins from Eagle :wink:
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Ok cool, was wonderin about the big ends cheers man
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yep go first generation all the way and you wont have any problems :wink:
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au