More twin cam conversion ?'s.....

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
FST4RD
almost postwhore

More twin cam conversion ?'s.....

Post by FST4RD »

So reading through pages and pages of info I just want few questions answered that i couldn't find the answer to.

I understand that the VR4 head is a straight fit up with respects to bolting it into place, but the Evo and RVR heads aren't just a place on top of the block and tighten down, you have to drill a bit and grind a bit, is this right???

Plus if I get an RVR head and front plate with the CAS on the front is this going to be fine??

Has anyone whose done the twincam conversion used an Evo 1-3 turbo manifold and evo 4+ intake manifold instead of customing up everything??? does this work???

Sorry if these questions have been covered, i'm just trying to work out what parts I have and what I need to get.....
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Anyone??
rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

mate the evo 1-3 turbo manifold can be used, see mrb1 , he sells an awesome hiflowed manifold
dont think an evo 4 inlet would work but i havent done the conversion, meek or beyond the limit have good custom inlets for vr4,
not sure either about the CAS sorry, not much help at all really am i?

best wait for a post by barney, starion vr4 or the like, they are the gurus :D
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

You have to drill out the Head stud holes in the Evo 1-3 Heads an extra 1mm to then be able to use the 1G Headstuds which bolt onto the Starion Block.

The bolt positions may be different on the Evo 4-8 Manifolds, the Ports may be spaced out differently also making a 'Flange swap' impossible also, not sure but worth looking into if it opens the market for possible alternatives available :)
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D