power windows, heater, dead.

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
4g6beat
I love starions

power windows, heater, dead.

Post by 4g6beat »

Ok guys having a wee problem with electrics. I've made a raft of changes putting in my mpi ecu lately and now my power windows don't work and my heater doesn't blow at all.

I've removed all of the ecu loom only keeping the ign wire and temp sensor wire. I've also removed the control relay wiring sitting in the passenger side aswell (i ran my own fuel pump relay).

I was under the impression that this loom has nothing to do with the other circuitry ie: power windows, heater etc. I've looked at the door loom and all seems fine and intact. I've checked the fuse panel, and replaced the power window relay just in case. another interesting thing is my power window works on the right but not on the left mirror even though both are hooked up.

is there anything in the eci system loom that could remotely effect the power window and heater circuit excluding all else? also does anyone have any ideas on what i should be looking for in testing the windows and heater? I'm at a loss as to why the damn thing has no power it's like it doesn't know that the ign is on and is dormant.

cheers guys any ideas would be appreciated. Car is a jb.
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

I removed the complete ECI loom & computer on my old JB (replaced with MPI) and all other electricals still worked. The only difference is that I left the factory control relay and Map sensor (I hoped it would still work the stock gauge - no).
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg