how do i stop factory boost cut at 14psi

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
2lturbs
I like starions

how do i stop factory boost cut at 14psi

Post by 2lturbs »

iv herd you can cut the yellow wire in the loom??? my motors brand new full rebuild on the ja this time!!

iv run it in and all that so who else has cut this wire on there motor and who else has been running over 14psi on a stock 2l with a tco6 and intercooler, dump pipe blah blah and for how long?? til it goes boom??

cheers
my starion has hit a tree and a roundabout and she loves it to.....
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

I had run with the yellow wire cut. No problems at all... Just don't do it unless you are running a cooler.

Otherwise, I have a fuel cut defender that can also be used for the same purpose.
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
pajeroturbo
Dorifto!

boost cut

Post by pajeroturbo »

i have just done it at my engine every thin is working fine with 15psi and no intercooler
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

15psi and no cooler, I don't think it will stay that way for long.

I cut the wire on myne and ran 13psi (used to cut out at 10-11) and it seemed alright untill I got it on the dyno, air fuel ratios show that it's there for a reason.
2lturbs
I like starions

Post by 2lturbs »

my ja runs 14psi all day every day so i guess 1 more pounds not going to make a diffrence
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

if u cut the wire it'll run really rich everywhere except under boost. so u will have pretty bad fuel economy, thats why they make fuel cut defenders so u get good economy with the ability to raise the boost..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
pajeroturbo
Dorifto!

yellow wire

Post by pajeroturbo »

No redzone this is not true .the air/fuel does not change over boost. This has been tested on the dyno the only problem is that at 15psi of boost the the air/fuel mixture goes from 10.5 that was stock to 13.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

redzone wrote:it'll run really rich everywhere except under boost.
Did you actually read what redzone said pajeroturbo ?
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
2lturbs
I like starions

Post by 2lturbs »

so i need a fuel cut defender or do i have to cut the wire aswell?
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

2lturbs wrote:so i need a fuel cut defender or do i have to cut the wire aswell?
If you get a Fuel Cut defender, you WONT have to cut the wire and your Fuel consumption will be normal.

So long as the Engine doesn't ping under Boost then it'll be fine. But with an exhaust and so forth, it'll probably be hard to hear so you really should get a microphone thru to a set of Head Phones for you (the driver) hooked up in the Engine bay, taking it up to 14psi on Salisbury Highway and making sure it doesn't ping.
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

If your only going to go 1psi more just leave it and save the drama of having something go wrong. I also wouldnt like running the factory fuel/computer at setup over boost cut levels.
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

I have a FCD if you are interested.... ;)
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

yeah, all good fun..back the timing off if you need to. I have seen them break pistons at 14psi but i have seen them also go to 20 with multipoint on the std pistons. They seem to lean out up high though with the std system, FCD might do the trick to 14? Anyone tested this theory?
What pistons are in yr engine?
2lturbs
I like starions

Post by 2lturbs »

toysrus oi man ur a tripper yeah i got a dump pipe and a full 2 1/2 inch alll the way into a fag box and i can still hear it ping.....i forgot what pistons im running??

i know my mate got a good brand piston...i fully rebuilt it about 5000kms ago, iv removed balance shafts crank ground down the full deal i just want to crank the boost to sell it...

how much you want for the fuel cut defender?
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Turn the base Timing down to 2 degrees advanced @ Idle without the Vac line hooked up to the Distributor, then reconnect the Vaccum line, take it for a spin and see if it still pings ?