wierd difference between imports and Aus starions

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Kim

wierd difference between imports and Aus starions

Post by Kim »

I found out that imports have clutch fans to cool down instead of thermo fans.

Weird hey!
Rev
I like starions

Post by Rev »

Yeah, I just assumed everyone had done a thermo fan conversion when I saw other Starions!

The differences I've noticed so far:

-Clutch Fan

-Auto Trans

-"Ding, Ding" reminder bell for all sorts of things.. Going over 105km/h, Leaving doors open for a certain period of time, Leaving headlights on, etc.

-VELNAS box with Lap times, Average KM/H, KM/litre etc.. I assume you view the results of these with that little screen at the top of the dash?

-Oxygen Sensor

-Semi-Digital Dash (Did some Australian released ones have this?)
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

nope, our starions are the base models, kiwis got some decent starions
Ford G6ET 458wkws
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Almost all startions in NZ are imports, and usually more basic than the austrailian ones. If you can find a late model NZ new one tho.. drooooool
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

"Ding, Ding" reminder bell for all sorts of things.. Going over 105km/h, Leaving doors open for a certain period of time, Leaving headlights on, etc.
Is it easy to swap that sort of thing over to our aussie cars? or would it be completely different??

I want I want
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Mine plays this little tune whenever the doors are open, but the bing bong over 105kmph is long dead. The vibrations from my mis-balanced driveshaft alert me if im traveling to fast.

It also makes a ringing tone whenever i turn the lights on... its REALLY annoying... everyone always asks where the phone is. The unit that controls all these functions is under the passenget seat. Its tied into the headunit aswell, as it uses the front right dash speaker for all sounds, so you would have to get a factory headunit back in there aswell.

I have that Velnas trip computer thing aswell, its responsible for what i call "STARION TIME", as it usually displays a whole load a random shit on that screen.... its a bit buggered.. heh.
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

hehe righto, i think i will leave it and try and track down a 3-piece rear spoiler instead.
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Starion frills

Post by TD05 »

i like mine the way it is, less to go wrong..
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
RXCORP
Big Dorifto

imports

Post by RXCORP »

My import scorpion has a 4g63 with IRS

it has a clutch fan, VELNAS, Oxy sensor thats pretty much it, i havent finished off the car yet
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

CLUTCH FAN

Post by WANTSOM »

If anyone is interested in getting a clutch fan - I have one and its for sale for the right price.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

from reading the the info on the firewall on my car, according to the workshop manual, all vehicles starting with a "J" are made in Japan, also the 10th identifier denotes the place of birth, ie, "Z" for OKAZAKI. also in Japan, and, weren't all Starions built in Japan? or at best only re-assembled here from partly built shells?
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
zaidja83
I like starions

Visible differences

Post by zaidja83 »

Does anyone know the visible differences between an Sirrus Import engine as compared to an Australian Engine.

Is it the red rocker cover (Import)?

And a black rocker cover (Australian version)
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

nah colour dosen't say much, i have a jap sirius motor with a black rocker cover
zaidja83
I like starions

Is it a safe bet

Post by zaidja83 »

So, is it a safe bet to say that if a Starion is a Jap import, it has a 200ps engine????
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

i read in autospeed that the jap import model was around 150kw standard as opposed to the aussie model with 125kw but i am not sure if thats because the jap import engine came with a tc06 instead of a tc05, might e worth checking out.

Anyone else know about this??