wat turbo???

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
S73R
Big Dorifto

wat turbo???

Post by S73R »

hey guys i am having troble wondering wat turbo to repace my old one with
i have a mate who has a 200sx turbo in very good nick but we've had truble modding it to suit the car
i was wondering if there is a manifold to suit out there or maybe an easyer turbo to fit....
i am looking 4 somthing to spin up fast and be good 4 one bar (MAX) coz my standard moter wont see any more than that
"Only one way to live, Full BOOOST!!!!!!!!"
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i have a VL T03 and tuned length steampipe manifold for sale second hand for $1000 if ur interested.. is on 15 psi by 3000 rpm and runs through to 6500 rpm. turbo is in good condition too, rebuilt 10000k's ago and hasnt run any more than 15 psi...
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
AB
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by AB »

A TD05-14b would be a good choice, they should be fairly cheap and easy to find. Another option is the TD05-12a, but I'd choose the 14b over the 12 unless the 12 was really cheap. Both of them spool very fast and shouldn't have any problems with 1 bar. The 12 comes from the factory with an adjustable, two stage wastegate which is a bonus, but if your using a decent boost controller it shouldn't make much of a difference.

I don't think there's much point in attempting to adapt a Nissan turbo to fit, Mitsubishi already makes very good turbos which require little to no adaption to fit. However whichever turbo you choose you'll still need a new or modified dump pipe.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

If you go for a TC/TD series turbo, try to avoid anything with a 060 exhuast housing, they tend to be a bit restrictive.
I have a 14b with a 070 exhuast housing which only cost $300 plus $280 to be reco'd and it goes very well, I have 3m of pipe work and still reach 13psi around 2800rpm.
S73R
Big Dorifto

Post by S73R »

hey would a TD-04 be any good??
"Only one way to live, Full BOOOST!!!!!!!!"