MPI question

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
woops
Big Dorifto

MPI question

Post by woops »

Hey i was just looking on the cordiapower website and they were saying something about the hh galant multipoint manifolds fitting the 4g63 engine.

I thought the only multipoint manifolds that fit our heads are the sonata and the l300 ones. Is there anybody who can confirm this as another manifold to look for multipoint or is there a reason why i haven't seen and of the starion guys using them.
Entaran
I love starions

Post by Entaran »

Which model Galant?

I'm assuming the singlecam SE model...

GSR is DOHC VR4 motor minus the turbo and oil squirters and with different cams

VR4's... speak for themselves.
AB
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by AB »

The SOHC galant manifold fits, it should be the same (or at least close to it) as the Sonata manifold because they use Mitsubishi engines.
I've got some pictures of a Galant manifold if you want to compare.
rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

so does the sohc 4g63 in the l300's, but not as efficient
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

Post by rxtoy »

4G63 Galant ones are meant to fit (haven't tried it, still keeping an eye out for an L300 manifold) but the throttle body has to swap ends because it will be facing the firewall.

there are a couple of different versions of it, from memory the one with the longer inlet runners is the one to have but there should be plenty of people on here that can give a better technical explanation than that.

cheers
Matt
project 1: 1976 TA23 Celica
project 2: 1981 EX Lancer, SOHC 4G63T conversion, heaps of turbo lancer bits, running, but fixing the diff at the moment :D