Im fed up,WTF is wrong

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
stealth gaysr
[P] Plater austaz

Im fed up,WTF is wrong

Post by stealth gaysr »

I just replaced my clutch with a heavy duty item. With full level gearbox oil, to get it into gear i have to put it in gear with car engine off. Than take off than it will gently allow to change gears.

Every frigen morning i have to start the car in gear than force my stick in gear to get it going, why wont it allow to engage with car started, ive bled the clutch so manty times.

Once i drive away in 1st gear i force it out of 1st and crunch into 2nd than by this time it will go into gear like normal, smooth as. Why is a new clutch doing this.

Doing this every morning i bet i'll stuff my syncros.
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

clutch

Post by Starion VR4 »

mmmm. sounds like U may have a shot slave/master clyinder, get them rebuilt, the only other thing it could be is the adjustable piviot point on the clutch fork.

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
logik
I love starions

Post by logik »

mate had this problem, master cyl fkd... get your master and while ur at it get ur slave recond cost me 70$ or something
gordonspec® racing
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

My mechanic just fitted brand new Master and Slave cylinders (from repco I think). Didn't cost much, about $80 for both from memory, they're still all shiny and pretty.

When my mechanic converted mine to manual, the old master cylinder (which worked perfectly before) had not been used for a long time, and he had the exact same problem you are suggesting, a new master and slave completely fixed the problem. Also looks a lot nicer.

If your master cylinder was on the way out, I'd imagine your new heavy pressure plate is probably the stick that broke the camels back.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)