Need help wit timing belt

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Carr-e Staz01
Dorifto!

Need help wit timing belt

Post by Carr-e Staz01 »

Ive got my vr4 head bolted to my starion block and ive been looking at how the timing belt is supposed to run and ive figured out i need an idler in their but not sure on how to go about. some detailed pics would be great ta.
gogomobile
Newcomer

dfgtfdr

Post by gogomobile »

cos the timing belt is almost twice the width of a single cam belt,youll need to install a tensioner to accomodate the vr4 belt,have a look if you need a vr4 engine's tensioner and se if it bolts up.if not youll have to cut and modify and weld vr4 tensioner.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Don't you need to drill and tap the block in the same location as the VR4 block/tensioner?
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

You mean it doesn't bolt straight on? rofl
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
Carr-e Staz01
Dorifto!

Post by Carr-e Staz01 »

no its cool u dnt i just found a idler braket and tensioner off of hyundai( which is the same as a twin cam 4g63) block i had laying around at work it bolts stright up to the starion block.

I've just got to sort out the best tensioner to run now!? the starion or the vr4??? The starion would be eaiser but i have to muck around cutting and grinding the the idler bracket.