Help with suspension

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
blooz
Newcomer

Help with suspension

Post by blooz »

Hi, I've got a question about my A174A Lancer... does anyone knows if the Starion suspension is similar or compatible with the EX Lancer? (GSR)
Since I can't find anything to improve the handling of my car.

Cheers.
________
Rhode island marijuana dispensary
Last edited by blooz on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Sorry I dont know specifics, but my parts-Starion was taken away by a man with an EX Lancer rally car, and he wanted suspension and brakes.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

Post by rxtoy »

hey,

front: if you want to swap the complete struts including brakes, strut, strut insert and spring then you'll need to use your lancer top hat. this will also add about 5 degrees negative camber to each side. you'll probably find your car currently has positive camber but 5 degrees might take it a little bit far for street use (would be good for rally or motorsport), you'd be better off with 2.5 degrees or so.

rear: starion rear suspension is different, shocks should be easy enough to find though because they are just basic eye to eye one's like most cars around that era use. just measure what length you've got or need (if lowering) and go talk to whoever you're buying your shocks off, they should be able to find a listing from their books. i've got 1st gen (around 79-83ish?) mitsubishi mirage shocks in the rear of my car but they are quite short (my car's lowered 3" all round).

if you're just after springs and shock inserts for the front then you'll probably need to remove your shocks and measure them up to make sure you get the right replacement. different EX lancer's had different length shocks depending on where they were built and what spec they were built to.

hope it helps
Matt
project 1: 1976 TA23 Celica
project 2: 1981 EX Lancer, SOHC 4G63T conversion, heaps of turbo lancer bits, running, but fixing the diff at the moment :D