who has been ripped off the worst on there starion

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
davidbek95
I've been here before

who has been ripped off the worst on there starion

Post by davidbek95 »

Who has been ripped off the worse on there car getting work done to it :x
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

uh oh! u put an angry face on the end of that post! tell tell, let it all out. it'll make you feel better
davidbek95
I've been here before

ripped off

Post by davidbek95 »

I have not been ripped off,at all,just want to see who has.
regards david
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

I was ripped off pretty dably when i first bought mine? $3800. It looked pretty nice, but engine croaked after a couple of days. I completly blame my own eagerness to ge tthe car and not having it properly checked tho.

And it did allow me to do my first engine rebuild :) ahhhhh good times, good times.
Jesusdroveawestfield
christian moderator

Me

Post by Jesusdroveawestfield »

I once took my car to be dynoed. They had it for an hour and a half. When we arrived the dyno was in pieces on the floor. So during that hour and a half they fixed the dyno and tried to tune my car. They then tried to charge me 350 for three hours of dyno time. I wanted to know how they managed to compress 3 hours into one hour ? Anyway they were called Red line Motor sport and 7 Hills stay away from them they are crooks. It turned out to be a simple timing issue that Ron fixed. It was the first thing he checked.
I wouldnt want to belong to any club that would have me as a member
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

please tell me you didnt pay them?
stari1
[P] Plates

Post by stari1 »

Yep when I bought it :) $4500 nine days till engine croaked. My first car. I learned, hopefully. But then again I may not have because I bought another staz 3 years later :D
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

My only rip off was the first starion I bought, a totally standard JA for 10 000. It broke down on the test drive :( , but I was told it just ran out of fuel, so the dodgy car yard guy slipped a quik $5 in the tank (you could do that 10 years ago :) ) and it drove fine after that.
Then it stopped on the way home, on the way to work, basically every time I drove it.
I took it to 4 different Bris garages, but none fixed it. Finally called a guy in sydney, drove it 1100ks to take it to him, and he fixed it in 15 mins :) .
OMG, it was that Ron guy too.
Ford G6ET 458wkws
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

bought the first car with a dead alternator, oil leak and a bad tune. Couldnt really be figured out from a test drive or two.
Rassy
I like starions

Riped off

Post by Rassy »

My story is basicly them same as everyone elses, I was about 17 an as keen as cat shit to get in to one, paid $1200 for JA Import aparently, body had been rubed down, didn't run, the story was that the injectors were blocked an needed a clean, I wasn't to sure about it so got me old man to have a look at it to see what he thought an like it more then me, The guy did get it to run a little for me but only an idle would'nt rev up past 1500 RPM.

Took the injectors to town an drop them off at a workshop, a week later they still had'nt cleaned them so kracked the shits an just took the hole car to another garage. One week later an a set of secondhand injectors I pick it up $1400 later.

Well it ran but only just, the mechanic said to take it out the road an give it a good hard run for a whille, So I did, held it flat the hole way home (well my mate did that had a ticket) 180 with full car load she loved it an started running a bit better by the time I got her home, parked it for a whille then I took it for a drive to see what I'd bought, Wasted a cuple of tryes an then gave it a one little squirt before parking it an then white smoke just started pooring out the bonet. That was the last straw I cracked them big time an stripped the entier car an thats the way it been since. I bought another after that $2500 It ran just been rebuilt body was good had rego an realy was a good car until I got hold of it

Now Its in some serious need of $$$$
________
Marriage Counseling
Last edited by Rassy on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

i forgot, i managed to redeem myself by having a look at a starion for a friends friend, it was very good apart from the screwed engine so i got him to steer clear. Wish i had someone like that with me first off.
Project2501
I like starions more

Post by Project2501 »

It wasnt the Starion that ripped me off, but a certain "performance" shop.

cheers

tom.
..More than meets the eye..
SCORP 1
I like starions more

Post by SCORP 1 »

I haven't gotten ripped off yet, I bought the car for $100 :mrgreen: and since then done everything myself..... Does "ripped off" include when the original owner doesn't tell you that the handbrake on the car you're putting on a trailer doesn't work, which leads to the car falling off the trailer...? :oops: :evil:
Oldschool Drift Machine.
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

Geez, if i found a starion with a top body and a dead motor, Id be very happy :)
you can change an engine in a flash, cant fix a rusty body quick, or well
Ford G6ET 458wkws
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

ripped off

Post by SIRIUS »

got mine when the turbo craze was in full swing. paid 5750. didnt really know about the prices or the car. didnt really care about the engine. just wanted a turbo. bought it from a car yard. seemed to be in really good condition. but only went for about a month then it was a smoke machine with 4 wheels. got the turbo fixed, put an exhaust on it an that was the end of the engine....