somebody id this for me please

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

somebody id this for me please

Post by rxtoy »

8 Valve SOHC 4G63BT i'm pretty sure, its for sale as a complete engine and apparently its from a starion but where's the ECI unit??? the only one's i've seen similar are the FWD versions in sigma's. is he missing bits, has he got it wrong, or is it something different to your normal starion motor? and if it is different has it got multipoint???? :D

cheers
Matt
project 1: 1976 TA23 Celica
project 2: 1981 EX Lancer, SOHC 4G63T conversion, heaps of turbo lancer bits, running, but fixing the diff at the moment :D
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

That's a JB/JD style engine with the Type2 throttle body injection. I mean type B.
Last edited by mrb1 on Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

Looks like the one in my widebody. Probably from a >1985 GSR or EX.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

It'll work - note it runs a clutch fan not electric. easy change over.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
STARZILA
I love starions

Post by STARZILA »

mrb1 wrote:That's a JB/JD style engine with the Type2 throttle body injection.
Yup.That there is type 2 injection.Apparently its a better than the earlier injection.
I'd say its out of a nz new starion as I have the same engine in mine.
FWD sigma's and cordia's also had this type.
Still twin point.
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

Post by rxtoy »

i was hoping it might be some multipoint factory setup i had never heard of, would have been damn cheap if so but not really worth it (for me, i've already got twin point) otherwise. its on trademe (New Zealand) if anybody's interested, starting price of $600 with manual and auto g'boxes

cheers
Matt
project 2: 1981 EX Lancer, SOHC 4G63T conversion, heaps of turbo lancer bits, running, but fixing the diff at the moment :D
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Yea thats the type B injection setup, the one your on about is the earlier type A.
I've heard that the type B is supposed to flow around 30% better, not sure if thats true or not.
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

Post by rxtoy »

you guys reckon there would be room under the bonnet to chuck a 90 degree bend on that air inlet to face forward??? would be a nice way to get around my rotating the ECI for front mount issues. a lot of people seem to think its going to lean out a couple of my cylinders doing it that way.

cheers
Matt
Eurotrash
I drive commando!

Post by Eurotrash »

I!
Looks just like my 86EX
Mr Ralliart
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Mr Ralliart »

That's either a Pajero Mini or a Nimbus engine (both had turbo engines JDM) . It is exactly the same as the late Starion motors but with the clutch fan and DIFFERENT CAM PROFILE . Get a Starion cam and it should be sweet . The later type 2 throttle body doesn't produce more power on paper but is a much better design from a reliability and maintainence standpoint . Good score ! :wink:
マンコ ハンター。
Maximum Gains from Minimum Mods.
Starion Evolution . Lancer Evolution .

SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Injectors are larger too.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Same setup my 85 GSR-V had, type 2 injection and a clutch fan.
Mr Ralliart

Post by Mr Ralliart »

The only Starions that came out with a clutch fan though were some of the 4G64 2.6 equipped ones . So a 4G63 so equipped would mean that it's not the original engine or , as is often the case , the Thermos died and it was cheaper to fit a clutch fan off an L300 etc.
In any case , same engine , good engine .
マンコ ハンター。

SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Mr Ralliart wrote:The only Starions that came out with a clutch fan though were some of the 4G64 2.6 equipped ones .
Japanese Starions have a clutch fan. The 4G64 is a 2.4L engine, and you're thinking of the US Starions which had a G54B 2.6L engine :)
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Mr Ralliart

Post by Mr Ralliart »

Sorry , that was a typo ! :oops:
In any case , all the Starions I saw in Japan had Thermos except some of the 2.6 s . Although in hindsight , some of the Non Turbo ones and the Autos may have had clutch fans but definately not 2L Turbos .
マンコ ハンター。