Power window controls

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Power window controls

Post by Junkers »

Hey guys

Haven't really looked into the problem but thought I may get some bearings before I do. At the moment my left side window controller has to be held down to move the window completely up or down, annoys the crap outta me.. could this just be a connection or a worn component? would the problem even venture beyond the switch?

Thanks for any input
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
JustPaus_88TSi
Dorifto!

Post by JustPaus_88TSi »

http://starquest.i-x.net/viewtopic.php?t=1190

Check that thread out. It was a huge difference after I cleaned them out and sanded the metal contact points.
Wait, your switches might be different? :?
88TSI-nicely modded...
01 IS300, GTE swap, 60-1 Garrett, Tein, Volk CE28N etc...
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

I have earlier model ones which sit in the centre console, as for the switch mechanisim I have no idea if they're similar :?
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

I'd say its the switch.

Unfortuntely 'electric windows' is one part of my circuit diagram collection I am missing, so I can't help with a definate answer.

I would start by either replacing the switch or trying to clean the contacts on the switch though. Getting them out is quite easy, start by removing the box and work forward. There is carshark from trademe down there too, he must have a pile of parts like that by now that you could grab for $5 or similar.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

I've bought all my stazza's off him :wink:

Switches aren't overly all sophisticated so I'll clean the contacts, and replace anything I can while I'm at it, hopefully all will go well.