Hello Down There!!

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Professor Quest
Newcomer

Hello Down There!!

Post by Professor Quest »

My name is Professor Quest, how dooooooo you do? :twisted: I write manuals. Second address below.

I would like to have manual steering in my 87 Conquest. I would like your suggestions on how I could obtain the manual LH box. (used)

Although the manual is not complete..........I think most of you will like what you see.

Help me out, mates.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Hello up there!!

Cut the power steering belt. Hello manual steering.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

I think that would make it 'manual manual steering' considering how impossible that would make it to turn the darn wheels LOL
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

its possible, ive dealt with it sometimes, camotec did it permanently
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

I was under the impression that a Sigma manual steering box will bolt in can anybody confirm this?
A LHD one well that's a challenge? We drive on the correct side of the road down here :D
cheaterparts
I love starions

Post by cheaterparts »

mrb1 wrote:I was under the impression that a Sigma manual steering box will bolt in can anybody confirm this?
A LHD one well that's a challenge? We drive on the correct side of the road down here :D
I've only rough measured but I think you are right a sigma box would fit
I had planed on removing the power steer myself

does a scorpian steering box mount the same the USA had these in some form they must have been made to drive on the wrong side of the road

cheater
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

Question : Why would you want to get rid of the power steering?
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

Cookiemonster wrote:Hello up there!!

Cut the power steering belt. Hello manual steering.

yes it 's really easy to steer, particularly when doing 160 km/h.. :D
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Gives you a free workout when ure driving around getting a park in the carpark under 10km/h :D
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
Professor Quest
Newcomer

Post by Professor Quest »

I have already removed the entire system and drained off the fluid. It steers just fine........a little more effort that a manual set-up.

Why do this? Because REAL HP cars don't have P/S and after you dump the NONSENSE from this 3.100 lbs car, it actually starts to BEHAVE like a HP car. A/C? history. ABS? history Boat tie-downs? history.

Being 51 years old and owning MANY muscle cars, well........most of them were'nt available with P/S. And the older guys know what I mean.

The guys up here say you guys down there.........have all the "good stuff". So........I guess it's not a very common thing.

OK.........so........are your cars LH or RH drive?

Now go amaze yourselfs with my manuals. About 2,000 pics!!! :wink:
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Sigma box definitely fits, but it's going to be RHD. Not sure if they existed under other names in a LHD market though.
cheaterparts
I love starions

Post by cheaterparts »

Starion_Turbo wrote:Question : Why would you want to get rid of the power steering?
my stazz is being built as a track car ( not much reverse parking )
less things to go wrong and I dont see the need for power steer on a lightweight track car

cheater
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Sigma box....
...after spending years in europe i sometimes wonder if we are in fact on the wrong side. Mabey it's just me but when your driving a LHD car hard it feels quite good... and in europe the autobahns, oh baby...280km/h was a common thing for me! You gotta love that..
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

Professor Quest wrote:I have already removed the entire system and drained off the fluid. It steers just fine........a little more effort that a manual set-up.

Why do this? Because REAL HP cars don't have P/S and after you dump the NONSENSE from this 3.100 lbs car, it actually starts to BEHAVE like a HP car. A/C? history. ABS? history Boat tie-downs? history.

Being 51 years old and owning MANY muscle cars, well........most of them were'nt available with P/S. And the older guys know what I mean.

The guys up here say you guys down there.........have all the "good stuff". So........I guess it's not a very common thing.

OK.........so........are your cars LH or RH drive?

Now go amaze yourselfs with my manuals. About 2,000 pics!!! :wink:
RH drive. Like I said before we drive on the correct side of the road :D No LH drive cars here.

Well the ABS is gone from my Quest but I'm sticking with the power steering.
Actually taking about steering the Starion homologation papers show rack and pinion steering was homologated in 1986 for GroupA.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

....and from where we stand, we are looking down at you..not up! rofl