T04

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
strion
I've been here before

T04

Post by strion »

i just wanted to know the pros and the cons about a t04 turbo??
if anyones used them and loved it or used n disliked it....or just anyone...cheers
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

I gots me one of dem things :D

Garret TO4-E I love it when it kicks in running 10psi on a 2.6L engine driving in the wet is crazy! hit boost and the back end easily slides out from under you.

I want to know the difference between models though. A lot of 13B rotary's seem to use TO4-B's for some reason.
TEAM SR: we brake for 1Jz's!
have u been roasted lately?
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

The major difference is in the compressor wheel and housing design.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

But which is better? Is it an application based thing or what? Do you know what sort of boost these run best at?
TEAM SR: we brake for 1Jz's!
have u been roasted lately?
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

favour

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I will let you in on a little secret. I don't know which one is better but I do know where you can purchase a Garrett T04 turbo both T04B, T04B-H3, T04E and Holset HX-40 turbos. YThey all bolt straight onto the starion except you need to modify your dump pipe so that you can make use of its flapper. Only a hundred dollars or so. They are in America and the postage is either $185USD or $115 to get it to Gold Coast Aus. Turbos avry in price and are a great idea. Cheap for what it is. They are all brand new. No need for a new manifold. You can also get them with the original Garrett T03 or T04 or Mitsubishi Turbo inlet Housing.

Link:
http://www.bullseye-power.com/index.php?cPath=37

Enjoy. Oh and they all have a graph so that you can see which one flows better ect.