balance shaft

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
1JZGTE
[P] Plates

balance shaft

Post by 1JZGTE »

:? here's the deal my small timing belt from the crank 2 the oil pump balance shaft snapped. so now i'm up to the part of lining up the balance shaft but from the diagram i've found i cant see the mark on the block i'm spose 2 line it up 2.here's a pic of my motor. can anyone help piont it out. its possible i'm just blind.
at first look i thought it lined up to the little cut out where the yellow arrow is pointing on the the pic but from the diagram it should be in the direction the arrow on the gear is pointing
any help would b appreciated
when the clutch pops the bullshit stops!!!
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

It lines up to that yellow mark, I did mine like 2 weeks ago. Also check that the Tensioner 'B' is in good nick cause mine had spat out all it's ball bearings and caused all the teeth on the belt to get chewed :(
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

1JZGTE
[P] Plates

Post by 1JZGTE »

in that second diagram it looks like its should be in the general direction that my gears facing so do i just ignore that i lined mine up to where the yellow arrow is pointing but my engine seems a little rough
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

I had the same problem. I can't see the f##$# mark on the block either, and I also thought the notch on the left was it, so 'cause I haven't taken the pulley bolt off yet I haven't done it yet, if you're happy with the vibration (minimal) just drive it, I've been driving mine like that for months, no problems.... but I'll change it eventually..
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

just thought of something else, the shafts are 180 degs of of phase, so my guess is that it should point to about 5 o'clock or exactly the opposite to the other bottom shaft, you can always try it and see, if you get it wrong you'll know straight away it'll shake and vibrate like a 1000w sub in a barina...
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
1JZGTE
[P] Plates

Post by 1JZGTE »

thanks alot i'll give it go and tell u how i go