befor it goes on the dyno

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
brettdodds88
Dorifto!

befor it goes on the dyno

Post by brettdodds88 »

hi guy's just like to no what would i have to do to my ja starion befor it goes on the dyno soon...its going to be all standed but does have a down pipe from the turbo the motor is going to be fully rebuilt today(12/10/2012...with 60thou over sized standed pistons..so if i get a bigger turbo then a standed one if i cant get a standed size would i have to..1;put a boost controlleer on it..2;put a fuel pressure regulator on it as it hasent got one i think...3;put a HKS FUEL CUT DEFENCER For 1983-1987 MITSUBISHI STARION Turbo on it to bypass the ecu just in case it hits over the standed psi.and a new fuel pump...would all of this help for the dyno mechanic's/mechanic's so thay have stuff to play with to tune it up good..as i wont to keep this ja (first one iv ever had and i love the beast heaps)..as this ja starion is not a virgin lol..i dont love it that much lol.. its been played with by the old owner's to much and now im lost on it...realy need some one in coffs harbour that know's or has a starion and knows what there looking at... :) thank's
starionc
I love starions

Post by starionc »

A few questions for you.

Was the car running ok before the rebuild? (I know you are getting it rebuilt for a good reason) But was it ok before?

I wouldn't put a freshly rebuilt motor on the dyno. Unless the car didn't run at all before?

If your turbo is buggered, look up GT Pumps. Get one of his turbos, you will need to change your exhaust dump pipe and any cooler pipe work a bit. But well worth it.

A new fuel pump is a very good idea! Dyno or not!

Dave at Redzone is a good bloke to talk to. Or try looking up coltspeed. He is in Port Macquarie.

Hope this helps and good luck with the rebuild!

Cheers Jason
How many Starions can one man drive!!

Check out my website: www.aboutstumpgrinding.com.au
brettdodds88
Dorifto!

Post by brettdodds88 »

starionc wrote:A few questions for you.

Was the car running ok before the rebuild? (I know you are getting it rebuilt for a good reason) But was it ok before?

I wouldn't put a freshly rebuilt motor on the dyno. Unless the car didn't run at all before?

If your turbo is buggered, look up GT Pumps. Get one of his turbos, you will need to change your exhaust dump pipe and any cooler pipe work a bit. But well worth it.

A new fuel pump is a very good idea! Dyno or not!

Dave at Redzone is a good bloke to talk to. Or try looking up coltspeed. He is in Port Macquarie.

Hope this helps and good luck with the rebuild!

Cheers Jason
hi jason...i got a bottem end off mal and its nice only 10thou ks on it but just got it bored out to 60thou but the new pistons are standed 60thou over sized tho..the old motor was bugged the pistons ring land's was cracked/broken and bottem end bearing's/crank shaft..it had no oil at all in the motor when i got the car then spitting oil every were when i filled it up.. the boost gauge was makeing diffrent gauge reading's i was like what the...it did have a tc05 12a turbo on it with all standed stuff like ecu/map sensor but also i noticed that the fuel pump keeps pumping and does not stop at all also it has no fuel pressure regulator on it..would that be a problem..i will be getting it tuned from the shop first thing befor getting it on the dyno .thanks
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

if you're going to the expense of rebuulding the motor, why not put forged pistons in there? I don't think they would be that much more expense wise, but it will be well worth it!
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol