help..or its for sale..ja starion turbo

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
brettdodds88
Dorifto!

help..or its for sale..ja starion turbo

Post by brettdodds88 »

hi guy's i brought a blue starion off this guy he's under bruzman on here i think ...i payed a bit of cash for it to...well i got it home it had no oil in the motor i put oil in and bam there it goes out the dip stick and oil cap thats when in boost rang...i got told its the piston and ring's well...i got new piston's/piston ring's/balance shaft remove kit/all gaskets/all oil seals/oil filter/oil/coolent/engine mounts/steering wheel/well the last two thing isnt going to help lol...but iv put the motor back in and now its blowing heaps of white smoke from the exhust and rocket cover breather pipe when idleing and still blowning oil out the dip stick and oil cap and rocket cover breather pipe when in boost so what the but the one thing i didnt get looked at is the head or valve seals could it be that....well if not sorted out im selling it if any one's keen $2600ono still starts and goes iv just put all these new parts in to in the last two weeks...it has rego till 23feb 2013 has a tco5 12a turbo blow off valve custom interior 7''slide out dvd screen a dvd/usb/cd/sd player 17''speedy rim's front lowed shock's wooden sports steering wheel new carpet...for more info please call 0411017222 if any one's keen :D
Last edited by brettdodds88 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brettdodds88
Dorifto!

Post by brettdodds88 »

please help please help do you reckon put the motor in the shop for a full rebuild
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

First...welcome.

Second...is it steam or smoke? Does it blow smoke or steam at idle? Does it use water? Bubbles in the radiator once it's up to temperature? What condition is the turbo in?
brettdodds88
Dorifto!

Post by brettdodds88 »

thanks mate good site real handy...um no its white smoke at idle i open the oil cap and it comeing from there to and i can here a blog blog blog whan stroking iv put a new head gasket on to and its not over heating or lossing water...thanks for the reply so quick
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Turbo oil seals may be gone. I'd pull it off and get it looked at. Check for oil in the housings.
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

yeah mine has a similar issue to this.. i've yet to pull the head of mine as when i do ill prob just go to twincam setup. but i believe its either your valve stem seals or as mentioned turbo seals.. i've ruled out turbo seals on mine as turbo is relatively new. but you never know.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)
Starion Turbo, (Drift Car)
Toyota MX32 Cressida (New Project)

Thats it for now...
brettdodds88
Dorifto!

Post by brettdodds88 »

hope not the turbo seals because iv looked around for a seal bearing kit and there nothing the same around for myn (tc05 12a) well the guy that i got it off said the turbo was freshly rebuilt...hmmmmm...well got a nice bloke helping me out with a reco bottem end thanks heaps to him...its a pain in the ass hay mate bloody oil...so im going to keep it now and get this bottem end and a new head and new turbo so i hope that solve's me problem.because its going to cost around $2950 tops to fix my motor up...thanks guys
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

i wouldn't bother rebuilding the turbo - you can get another one of those fairly cheaply - i think there is one for sale in the for sale section at the moment?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

why settle for a standard replacement when you can go bigger? ;)
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

cos for some people, standard power is plenty.. and the standard budget blow out is more than plenty rofl
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

Sounds to me like you have a breather line blocked or plumbed to a boost pipe ... if your turbo is ok that is.
Why drink n drive when u can drift n slide ?
brettdodds88
Dorifto!

Post by brettdodds88 »

thrash wrote:i wouldn't bother rebuilding the turbo - you can get another one of those fairly cheaply - i think there is one for sale in the for sale section at the moment?
hi thrash yer thats what i was thinking but iv called repco up in coffs harbour n.s.w and thay can get me a rebuild kit for $345....thats ok but like you said and i hav seen there cheap for a brand new one
brettdodds88
Dorifto!

Post by brettdodds88 »

GormzZ wrote:why settle for a standard replacement when you can go bigger? ;)
yer but my pistons are 0.50 so thats 20tho over i think... i was going to get my motor bored out to 40tho over size pistons...
brettdodds88
Dorifto!

Post by brettdodds88 »

INP51 wrote:Sounds to me like you have a breather line blocked or plumbed to a boost pipe ... if your turbo is ok that is.
iv blowen threw all of them but fuk man i do not no what this guy that i brought it of done to it...iv pulled it apart and well the head gasket was bernt out big time it bernt threw the silver rings on the head gasket all of them and it was only on the car for 4days only drove it like 4times with the new head gasket...but i have seen on here that bruzman who i got the car off wonted to play with the r/l screw on the curby so there's the problem of my head gasket going like it is all the time because the old one was the same...so im going to put in the shop when i sort the motor out for a good tune up...thanks guy's :)
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

thrash wrote:cos for some people, standard power is plenty.. and the standard budget blow out is more than plenty rofl
c'mon thrash you can't honestly say that standard power from a starion is plenty... :P. the bigger the better i say, even if its just a gt28 or gt30r. Cause if his has been rebuilt or whatever then should be able to take it.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...