Gearbox Internals

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
4g6beat
I love starions

Gearbox Internals

Post by 4g6beat »

Hey Guys This may sound like a stupid idea but would there any merit in using vr4 box internals in our gearboxes? Is it possible? I was just thinkng as i have a spare vr4 box doing nothing in the shed, would be an interesting experiment.

What is the weakness of the staz box anyway? does anyone have any ideas? also i've got a spare HD vr4 clutch (pretty new) will it be of any use to a normal staz block? just asking you never know?
:)
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
Xentro
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Xentro »

Don't you also have to fit a VR4 flywheel to make the clutch fit?

I doubt anything from a VR4 box will fir a staz box. apart form a odd bearing.
I think your better off just selling the vr4 box and using the money to buy whatever you need for the staz box.
(if you'd be in Holland i'd swap my spare Staz box for your VR4 box :D )
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

hehehehe :)
I think freight to holland would be a killer :D
it'd probably be cheaper to get myself a ticket and carry it as hand luggage!! hehehhe good luck in the semi-finals! any team that can win with advocaat as their coach has my sympathy hehehe ;)
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

VR4 Box

Post by Starion VR4 »

Unfortunally next 2 nothing will fit the Staz G/box from a VR4, as per previous post sell it and buy a bigger turbo!. The VR4 clutch is not even close to a Staz unit, VR4 has stepped clutch 9" in DIA and towers for pressure plate to mount to, Staz 11" flat unit 2600Lbs clamp :beer

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
Project2501
I like starions more

Post by Project2501 »

Ive heard tell that an L200 case can be used (to fit up to a vr4 block) with Starion internals for strength.. what do you guys think?

cheers

tom.
..More than meets the eye..
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

yup, L200 case with starion internals seems to fit.

hey Xentro , this 'spare starion' wouldn’t happen to be wide body would it? i have a 50,000K 4WD gallant box with viscus centre unit and front grille to match. I’ll swap ya :D
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
Xentro
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Xentro »

LoL nope it used to be in a 82 that I took apart for parts (because it was turning into a flintstone car)

Still looking around for a widebody parts car tough ;-) Plenty of parts that can be used as upgrades :twisted: