tyres for club car

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
smodgee
I like starions

tyres for club car

Post by smodgee »

hi wanting to get some sticky tyres for my club car , not a road car but think i still need some sort of tread for tarmac hill climbs and sprints, and is there a guide for beginners as to road temp ambient temp to tyre pressure? cheers josh
sohc 82 a182a rally-car,cam, mpi,vf8 turbo,v5 link,ross pistons, gsr injectors, Bosch 909 fp, nearly ready for dyno, if all calculations are right 190rwkw, hopefully :)
sohc 82 a183a rally-car, standard besides balance shafts removed,no airflow meter, lsd, 1080kg
Lummy
I love starions

Post by Lummy »

For a half-decent semi slick, go with a KU36 - they're very cheap and they stick ok. They're no Toyo R888, but they're half the price of a 888.

Tyre pressures will depend on a lot of things, but generally semi slicks run lower pressures than normal road tyres - they're stiffer in the side walls in their construction so they don't need the extra pressure.

Aim for mid to high 30's hot and you'll be somewhere close to where you need to be. Ask people who run that particular tyre on a car similar in weight and performance to yours.
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

I have a set of 225x45x17 Federal 595RSR's that will be going onto some 8.5's soon. They were app $180 each .Treadwear is 130 so they are not quite as sticky as 888 Toyos with 100 TW rating BUT you get 4 RSR's for the price of 2 888's
The Federals should be better in the wet as they look to have good drainage
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL