Starion centre in Scorpion diff?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Starion centre in Scorpion diff?

Post by jwebb2876 »

Can anyone tell me exactly what needs to be machined down to make this work?
"Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."- Keiichi Tsuchiya
gj2600.wordpress.com
woops
Big Dorifto

Post by woops »

Take a look at this forum and search for LSD in the technical section. From all the information i've seen over the years the diff in these EX lancers are the same as the scorpions.

If thats what you were planning then this would be the best place to get the info. As far as i know there hasn't been anyone to do this conversion in AUS because for the cost of the machining and the price of the small starion LSD diff centre you would be pretty close to getting a more common LSD diff customised to be able to used in a scorpion or sigma.
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Post by jwebb2876 »

Not worried about an LSD, I just want a somewhat shorter ratio than the stock 3.308. The reason I asked is because I can't find any info on what cars used the Jap 10-bolt diffs other than the Scorpions and EX lancers
"Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."- Keiichi Tsuchiya
gj2600.wordpress.com
S0LJAH
I love starions

Post by S0LJAH »

the sigma wagons did, but u guys in oz may have different sigmas to us here in nz
panda
Enthusiast

Post by panda »

Most Aussie Sigmas ran Borg-Warner diffs. But.......... there are some exceptions.
Dreams have no limits.

1982 JA - Ex Enthuzed
1982 JA - For Sale - pending
1983 JA - Ex Auto-cross car - being parted out
1983 JA - Being parted out
1984 JA - Rolling shell - For Sale
1985 JB - Rally car project
1985 JB - Autocross car
1985 JB - Week-end cruiser