few issues

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
ja boy
I like starions more

few issues

Post by ja boy »

have installed the 910 fuel pump and went to get it tuned today. the guy said i need to run new wiring for the pump cause im not getting the same amount of voltage at the pump as the voltage coming from the battery and he cant tune it properly. is this true?
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah roller cell pumps are hella sensitive to voltage drop, your pressure and flow will be down on what it should be, not too good for the pump either! just use the original feed wire as a trigger for the new relay you'll mount up back, and run a fused decent guage cable from the battery to the pump via the relay :)
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
smodgee
I like starions

Post by smodgee »

x2^^ , had a mate who just blew his sohc 320+whp had changed his fuel pump and had dyno tuned, the wiring to the pump took about 8 laps to heat up and the pump would not work as well and lean out , took him 2 lots of 8 laps to figure it out as between races the wiring would cool down and would work well again for 8 more laps,he couldn't even touch the wires, he did what redzone said to do but the damage had been done 2 weeks later back at the track he changed down to 2nd and sent the top land thru the motor rings unwound bore gone as had been bored out to 2.1 and goudge, crank knacked, impellers on td05 20g all snapped off and heads a throw away too.
Yea so run some good wire to your pump
sohc 82 a182a rally-car,cam, mpi,vf8 turbo,v5 link,ross pistons, gsr injectors, Bosch 909 fp, nearly ready for dyno, if all calculations are right 190rwkw, hopefully :)
sohc 82 a183a rally-car, standard besides balance shafts removed,no airflow meter, lsd, 1080kg
ja boy
I like starions more

Post by ja boy »

thanks guys appreciate it
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

smodgee wrote:x2^^ , had a mate who just blew his sohc 320+whp had changed his fuel pump and had dyno tuned, the wiring to the pump took about 8 laps to heat up and the pump would not work as well and lean out , took him 2 lots of 8 laps to figure it out as between races the wiring would cool down and would work well again for 8 more laps,he couldn't even touch the wires, he did what redzone said to do but the damage had been done 2 weeks later back at the track he changed down to 2nd and sent the top land thru the motor rings unwound bore gone as had been bored out to 2.1 and goudge, crank knacked, impellers on td05 20g all snapped off and heads a throw away too.
Yea so run some good wire to your pump
Shiet! Wouldn't be happy!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
smodgee
I like starions

Post by smodgee »

na he was a bit depressed for afew weeks

sohc 82 a182a rally-car,cam, mpi,vf8 turbo,v5 link,ross pistons, gsr injectors, Bosch 909 fp, nearly ready for dyno, if all calculations are right 190rwkw, hopefully :)
sohc 82 a183a rally-car, standard besides balance shafts removed,no airflow meter, lsd, 1080kg