engine bore rebuild question

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
4g6beat
I love starions

engine bore rebuild question

Post by 4g6beat »

Have a stroker kit (eagle crank,rods,mahle pistons) to build up and am sending the block to be bored for the stroker pistons (86mm). Have had a chat with my engine builder and has asked me what piston to bore tolerance i'd like for the piston.

How tight (or lose) has everyone here bored their blocks considering a forgies different expansion rate over std cast pistons? any recomendations guys?

also should i bother with the fwd/4wd crank caps considering the engine is north/south on our blocks. will i need to tunnel bore or anything else to use them?
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Did you get the 94mm or 100mm crank?? Piston clearences just follow the makers reccomendations they will/shoud be instructions in the box with them
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

Didn't even think to check the box other than for a blingy motorsport sticker to put on my toolbox heheh, will check!

Also it's a 100mm crank, from what i've heard all it will foul on are the crank caps and balance shaft and i'm currently not using either.
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Check rod cap clearance to the block and squirters to crank throws as well.You are going to love the torque :D My stroker spins easily to 7k
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL