keyless entry

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
strion
I've been here before

keyless entry

Post by strion »

has anyone got keyless entry....if so where did they get it done???
apparently because the locks open sideways they cant to keyless entry but i know thats their way of sayin we dont know how to do it....
anyone know???
Ice Starion
I like starions more

Post by Ice Starion »

i did it myself and had no one to tell me or have any experiense so just get a kit with motors and all that´s needed and i will post up some pic of mine as the door pannel is still of
Birgir Örn

'87 Mitsubushi Starion
4G63 Polished & Ported Cylinder Head
Guru
Lil' Dorifto

Keyless entry

Post by Guru »

The direction in which the locking mechanism moves is completely irrelevant in determining whether you can or can't install keyless entry.

My Starion has keyless entry; the solenoids that lock/unlock the doors are simply mounted horizontally instead of vertically. Pull the door trim off and you'll see how the locking arms are setup... you'll know what I mean!
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

I installed it with my alarm. I did find it a bit of a hassle finding somewhere to mount the actuators so that it would be perfectly parallel with the locking rod, but once they were in I had no problems.
strion
I've been here before

Post by strion »

kool kool....it was the rhino guys...
well anyways....
if pics could be posted it would be a great help....
thanx
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

I don't have a pic of inside the door, but I'm sure you can imagine what I'm talking about. When you move the door lock it moves a rod inside the door that locks/unlocks the door. When you have keyless entry you have a remote that gets a motor to move this rod for you.

The motor looks something like this:

The plunger looking thing on the end comes in and out, pulling/pushing the rod as neccessary. The part that I found the hardest was getting the plunger fixed in a place where I was satisfied that it wasn't going to try to move the rod on a stupid angle that would make the actuator burn out.
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

My old Staz had a Rhino alarm and keyless entry (when it worked), so they're lying to you!!
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

You should have just looked at my driver's door, Ahmad as I have keyless entry and the doortrim is even off for convience sake ;)

They are definitely BS'ing you.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Paradoxx
Enthusiast

Post by Paradoxx »

I have central locking... they didnt complain about it when they installed it in my car. I did have a problem with it once when it wouldnt lock, but it took about 5 minutes adjustment and some WD-40. If the company is telling you that then i would go somewhere else. The kits are fairly inexpensive if you feel like doing it yourself and it's not that hard. If you have an existing alarm then you can get the module to plug into that.
It's simply a case of mounting the solenoid, clamping the rod to one of the locking rods in the door and adjusting.

Steve.
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

yes very simple...did it with bro on a weekend....cant live with out it now...lol
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
strion
I've been here before

Post by strion »

kool kool...ill just go out and buy the kit then....thanx guys...charlie i might come to take a look at your one to get the drift of it...when your free that is...
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Just let me know when you want to fit yours and I will come around and give you a hand.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
stargirl
Dorifto!

Post by stargirl »

yeah, keyless entry is so good! saves me having to pop open the boot when Im carrying shopping bags! :o
strion
I've been here before

Post by strion »

kool ill let you know...its handy plus the i wanted to get the keyholes out of the door...i rekon they look ugly...
thanx again every1
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

strion wrote:..its handy plus the i wanted to get the keyholes out of the door...i rekon they look ugly...
But what happens if the car/remote battery goes dead? Climb in through the boot? :wtf: