JA injector size?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
vr4gone
I like starions more

JA injector size?

Post by vr4gone »

What do these flow? I've heard they are 850cc. Does any one know? I can only fine JB specs.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

no one really knows, but i've used the JB setup on a JA computer before and it ran fine, so you'd have to say they'd be close (only variable is the JA's 5mm larger throttle body)
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
vr4gone
I like starions more

Post by vr4gone »

Cheers mate. I'm gonna experiment with some other injectors cause I'm running two different size injectors atm and the car has this hesitation until I open the throttle up 3/4 wide then she takes off. It's a pain in the backside. Its like she leans out under light throttle then when the MAP kicks in the mixtures are rich.
Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Post by Komeuppance »

Here in the US with the 83 injectors inside the TB mixer housing style, they are 850's.

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!
diabking
[L] Plates

Post by diabking »

hey there, i hav 2 ja starions one running one for parts. the running one i wanted to increase fuel so got the spare top hat and fitted a pair of injectors that flowed 700 cc each (i modified them to fit the top hat setup) and it seemed to run lean. did not idle too well and did not want to rev. the standard ja injectors were only supposed to be 690cc each according to mitsubishi literature. still working on it so when i get it running right ill let you know.
Johnyturbo
Big Dorifto

Post by Johnyturbo »

Komeuppance wrote:Here in the US with the 83 injectors inside the TB mixer housing style, they are 850's.

-Robert

Sorry to be that guy and dig up an old post again lol , just curious, with the US 83 starion, do they use the same injectors as the JA in Australia? just wondering if the 2.6 required more fuel delivery than the 2.0lt?
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

Johnyturbo wrote:
Komeuppance wrote:Here in the US with the 83 injectors inside the TB mixer housing style, they are 850's.

-Robert

Sorry to be that guy and dig up an old post again lol , just curious, with the US 83 starion, do they use the same injectors as the JA in Australia? just wondering if the 2.6 required more fuel delivery than the 2.0lt?
I don't think it's a bad thing to dig up old posts about 20-28 years old cars :D
And a few weeks or month old post is not really old anyway, this is not twitter :)

I guess the fuel consuption of the 4g54 engine shouldn't be much higher than the 4g63 if the circumstances are similar.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

the 2.6 will have more torque lower in the rev range, so you can tottle about at a much lower rpm and keep your economy decent.
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol