JA starion ECI throttle body injection.

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
diabking
[L] Plates

JA starion ECI throttle body injection.

Post by diabking »

car starts wont rev, then cuts out 2-3 seconds after starting.
checked fuel flow after fuel pressure reg its aprox 1680 ml per min,
replaced spark plugs and has spark, fuel pump is getting battery voltage untill the engine cuts out.
if i put carby cleaner down vacume line it will rev and stay running as long as i keep spraying it.

any ideas and help much appreiciated thanks
Nosaki Faki
I like starions

Post by Nosaki Faki »

G'day, and welcome!!

I had a similar sort of an issue that must have been a faulty connection in the wiring somewhere.

Gave the wiring running to the throttle body a jiggle and the connector a wiggle and it would go away but return intermittently, jiggle it again and all good.

Then I disconnected and cleaned all the connector plugs and bits with electrical contact cleaner and it has only done it once since.

Also if you do a search with keywords like, won't run / idle, or running rough you will find some other possible solutions from others with similar problems before.
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving just wasn't your sport!
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

If its cutting out after starting it could be the relay that powers the fuel pump but is controlled by the ecu.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
diabking
[L] Plates

Post by diabking »

hey guys, and thanks for the replies. good luck on the melbourne cup!!!
Update!
connected multi meter to the the fuel pump, it is getting battery voltage when cranked and up to and after the engine starts and then stops. it runs on for around 2 srconds after the engine stops. checked and jiggled all the connecters to the system i could find still no luck. am really stumped.
Entaran
I love starions

Post by Entaran »

Sounds like the relay is getting overvoltage and cutting out. They work kinda like circuit breakers that automatically flick back on after 5-10 seconds. Thing is your car has stalled in the meantime.