I want 200 killer wasps

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
muttis3lv6
I've been here before

I want 200 killer wasps

Post by muttis3lv6 »

Sorry I love that ad, but really I want real 200 KW at the back wheels.

As I see it I have 3 options
1 Mod the crap out of the SOHC

2 VR4 conversion

3 Something else.

The car is going to be used extensively on QR and frightening little children on the Pacific Motorway. Its very important the engine is reliable as I hate fixing stuff and stuff.

What have you done and why an how much (drive in drive out)

Thanks
JA Street track monster
MPI with Wold3d
Frankinstine turbo
water injection and bloody big inter-cooler
6 point roll cage with 4 point harness
OMG fiberglass
Megga weight reduction weight TBC
5 stud conversion with HUGE rotors
Cute little 12 inch sub with 700 Watt amp
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

200 killer wasps

vr4 +20g turbo+ fmic+3in+ecu+
all that and add nos!
Bite my shiny metal ass!!!

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

you should beable to get 200rwkw out of a SOHC without too much work

im aiming for that mark now well see how i go should be on the dyno within a months time
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

200KW ATW from sohc takes dollars, it aint as simple as large zorst, big cooler, and mpi.

Its full forged, custom intake and exhaust manifold, turbo, porting, balancing, ignition and tuning and more. especially if u want reliability.

Very few can claim they have 200kw ATW from a SOHC starion as its more than double stock output.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

orange car currently has 289hp atw which is over 200kw atw, and thats with a fuel only computer and STOCK ignition system using the stock computer and knock box to control it. gonna be more soon as timmy finally seems to have the money for a cam and ecu upgrade. engine has JE forged pistons but stock rods, bottom end was balanced but that was about it. if ur doing QR u would want eagle or similar rods. running 2.4 sohc head. sonata intake using the sonata plenum with 60mm VN throttle body (has ported vacuum for running stock ignition)

lets see here, rough calculations..

custom exhaust manifold and KKR430 turbo - $1800
sonata intake modified with new throttle body etc $400
ems stinger ecu kit - $1195
arias forged pistons - $750
eagle rods - $550
engine machining, sundry parts and balancing $1000
2.4 head recond or new and mild ported $900
head studs - $250
intercooler setup $1000
big fuel pump & adapters $300

so far thats $8145, i reckon labour etc will take up and over the 10 grand mark..

or u could just buy shannons JB with half that stuff done for a third the price and go from there.....
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

ive spent even less than dave and i beleive mine will be making some power up in the 200rwkw range

but also in saying that my car already had haltech e6k and MPI
and i got alot of stuff done myself and with help of some work mates

but if you want to save yourself time and money definitally go buy a car like the one shannon is selling! there is minimum work for that car and it will easily product 200rwkw day in day out!

you cant go wrong!
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

or u could just buy shannons JB with half that stuff done for a third the price and go from there.....
but if you want to save yourself time and money definitally go buy a car like the one shannon is selling! there is minimum work for that car and it will easily product 200rwkw day in day out!
:oops:
S0LJAH
I love starions

Post by S0LJAH »

200RWKW
is my aim for my car and is a simple recipe for the twincam head

ive simply got a vr4 motor (stock)
evo turbo and injectors
fmic
supporting fuel setup
and a aftermarket ecu

and it will do it all day everyday with ease and driveability
zippo
I've been here before

Post by zippo »

ecu upgrade , mpi , cam , bigger turbo , fmic , echaust , and so on , this will cost you $$$$$$$ and a bit of time or more $$$$$$$ if you need to pay some one to do it for you .

i suggest you pick up a car with most of these mods for less as the rest say . best to add to rather than build from scratch , you will never ever recoup that money again .

vr4 conversion cheapest way out , more stuff out there for the twin cam these days , than sohc .

if you want to stay sohc 2.4 head milled down 1.2 mm , 4g54 arp studs milled down to fit. custom gasket and a gt35 @ 22psi , then your problem will be the g/box ..... going boom , or you make it a dyno queen and baby it around, or more money and drop a better box and so on .

$$$$$$$ can get you what ever you want , 200kw , not much these days , maybe 2 years ago.
old skool jap ...........
there is no substitute...........