HELP! I miss driving my starion :(

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

thrash wrote:argh starions cost so much money... sometimes i wish i could be happy with something cheap and new and slow and with fewer problems..

how does this kinda thing happen? is it just wear and tear and happens to every engine? I've never heard of it before..
Ususally because the crank bolt is not tight enough. Sometimes just because the thread is rusty and full of crap.

It happens to other Mitsi stuff, the throwaway fwd V6's and diesel Pajeros, seen it on the odd Toyota as well.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

also when crank bolts stretch.

not just a mitsu problem either, seen it on many different cars. had one last week on my flatmates jimny. it doubled the width of the key groove in the crank! she went the devcon option..

oh and its common as assholes on those jimny/vitara motors.. i couldnt even find a good second hand pulley. lucky suzisport in bris had one.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Adriano
I've been here before

Post by Adriano »

It happened because the mechanic had fitted that extra washer on the crank bolt, hence the timing belt pulley wasnt locked down tight.