time to decide on ecu! Faves?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

chunkhead wrote:I don't know much about dynos, so...

Yeah, car is a track car, weighs stuff all! Just two seats, roll cage and the engine!

Car did run 10.9 though... :D
You mean a drag car, track cars go around corners :wink:
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

Mick wrote:have decided to go with haltech dudes after talking with a tuner,

anyone really not keen on this?
200kW at the wheels is definately achievable with a stock VR4 engine. I have seen 176kW at 16 psi with one of my EVO3 big16G turbo's, the dyno sheet is on my web site.
We had a guy recently make 205kW at 17 psi with one of my EVO3 20G turbo's.
Be aware exhaust starts to get critical around this power level you need a good 3" system. Also a good cooler and pipe work.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

sounds good mate i'll be taking one of those two turbos off you're hands as it all comes together! :D :D :D

i have a 2.5" mandrel system on it now, no cat or muffler, is this still too restrictive?

also will need to get a high mount manifold made as the stock position is almost touching the steering box already, let alone a big 16 or 20g!

do you know anyone or a place who will fabricate one to suit the flange of the 16 or 20g?
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

mrb1 wrote:You mean a drag car, track cars go around corners :wink:

No, I mean track car! If it was setup as a drag car it would go close to under 10 sec! That's why the car is labeled "Cons Circuit Car" on the website.
http://www.beyondthelimit.com.au/ then "Projects"! :beer
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

its going to be the haltech E8 dudes.

anyone have maps or other info/ideas on this computer??
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
pajeroturbo
Dorifto!

ecu

Post by pajeroturbo »

I am using an e6x. You don’t need more for your engine. I am making 218 bhp on a stock engine with mpi and dual coils waste spark and 14psi of boost. The car runs great for over of 4 years now.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

You wont be disappointed with the Haltech.

If you go on the Haltech site, go to dealers, click on Hitman, and you will see he has an area there where you can download maps. I think you will fine he has one for VR4 or Evo or something. Would be a good place to start your tuning with.

Cheers
Greg
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

thanks wantsom i'll check it out for sure :beer
Barney
Scorpion King

Post by Barney »

Most ECU's will do the job. choosing the tuner to use is the hard one!
Get Stroked! 2.3ltr EVO engine
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

yeah barney tell me bout it, specially down here in good ol tassie.

luckily the best choicedown here is a neat bloke who gives a shit and understands what the owner is aiming for... not just bloody gtr's with autobastards shit bolted on. :D