who has been ripped off the worst on there starion

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

that would be mums corolla....

the precise definition of drifting is not really agreed apon, but you can to a fairly good job of it in a fwd with weight transfer and braking into a corner. The review was in the wet wich doesnt really matter, and he was flicking it into the corners.

How you get a drift started is actually irrelivant, where it starts is the more relevant point.
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

Post by bigmoz »

I WIN I WIN,
i bought my car for 3,900 an 82 ja in the first 6 hours ...... bye bye clutch, master cylinder, slave cylinder after that i have replaced nearly every thing spending around 13,000..... well it sucks to be me the only thing is now i have a car tht is good (except the turbo has no seals) car that doesnt break down but still is only worth around 7 grand i had the motor rebuilt its a sirus that has 4,000 spent just on balancing it been blueprinted it only runs 6 psi at the moment
.......... cant wait untill i hit 5000 km then she goes up to 14

big moz
:smokin
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

i bought my first one in 98 for $3800.. within 3 months it shredded the timing belt, new fuel pump, clutch went, but the kicker was taking to mechs and complaining about a lack of power and a clutch pedal that would get "stuck" on its way out under load... the mechs ( 3 ) all said the same thing, "wind up the boost have some fun and replace the motor as the motor is shot" i thought well they know what they are doing so i wound it up to 13psi no intercooler had some fun popped the engine and then the 3-5k for a rebuild turned out to become 7-9k quotes from the same guys... i stripped it myself and inspected the damage.... piston 2 had a third of the ringland gone, scores in the bored big enough to get your finger nail in and wriggle it, turbo exhaust turbine gone. car was sold for 1k as a wreck cause i didn't have the money to fix it, no job and had to move town for a new job

( try not to cry as even i have cries about this today )
the parts list i found while taking it apart...

bigger high flow turbo ( started spooling at 1.5k full boost by 2k )
injectors high flowed
bored out 40 thou over
computer tricked to think it was cold ( so extra fuel )

i could ring out 4th and change into 5th at 180kmh no problem, and had it right off the clock with 500k before redline
was soo funny to race my mate in his gtir his starts cutting out at 175kmh and i'd change gears at his door to rub it in.
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Post by madeofmilo »

2 engines in 6 months = shittest mechanic on earth...

"nothing good comes from dandenong"

I've really gotta throw a brick through his window one day.
My JA has perfect motor - FMIC - forgies - high flow head but...rusted front guards and keyed on every panel. Time to get serious or time to take it to the tip.