ECU Suggestions

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

fr335tyl3r

have you had a chance to download the Software and playaround with it. Load up some of their base maps and muck around with the maps and auxillary inputs and output. You don't have to be connected to an ECU to get a feel for the user inteface. They all have a help function built into them

Download Motec M4 (DOS based)
http://software.motec.com.au/release/

Download Haltec E6X (DOS or Windows based)
http://www.haltech.com.au/downloads.htm

Download EMS 8860 or Stinger (Windows based)
http://www.enginemanagementsystem.com/software.htm

I didn't bother looking at Wolf or Microtech... But you might want to.. It's your money, it's your call.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Good plan there :D

I was not very fond of the Haltech E6X HalwinX software. Was just kind of awkward. Help file was handy, and I got the hang of the basics reasonably quick.

The tuner software for the Motec M400/M800 was awesome. Took me about 2 minutes, and Id setup some auxillary outputs to configure two stages of RPM shift lamps, and worked out how to browse the various maps.

I think it also demonstrates the real must for your ECU to be dyno tuned by a professional, it also gives you an idea on how important it is to make sure your tuner knows your ECU software very well. Not being able to work the software may leave some little problems. Many an item confuse.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Post by flappa »

There are a few really nice things I like about the current motec ECU manager software. You can design your own layouts for the interface which you probably noticed. You can add graphs, gauges, lists, traces or whatever and stick them wherever you like. Control is nice!!

So are the math operations on the map, have a read of the help files on all that stuff, it's pretty sexy :)
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

EBAY

Haltech E6X Fuel & Ignition Control System ECU EFI EMS
Item number: 2490263661

Current bid: AU $1,525.00
Time left: 3 days 3 hours
:beer
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Write up

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Ok, I read an article in August's Street Commodore mag. It had a masive overview of all the ECU's. I just want to know one thing though, From the article, the Haltech is the better one out of the EMS, Microtech & Wolf. But thats the best Haltech, the E6X which retails for $1695 is worse then the Wolf and EMS. Well it is actually the same as EMS. But from what I can gather, the WOLF 3D Version 4 is better then the E6X, the EMS, and of course the Microtech. The microtech was designed for Rotaries. Does still work for piston engines but not as well as it dumps more fuel out then required.

Can anyone tell me if the Wolf is in fact better then the Haltech E6X and the EMS Stinger. Thanks.
Barney
Scorpion King

Post by Barney »

Wolf works for me. :D
Get Stroked! 2.3ltr EVO engine
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

If i dont end up splurging on a motec ill probably get a wolf3d v4
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

thought spo

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Thought so. Thanks guys
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Haltech

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Thanks for your help guys but I decided on the Haltech E6X and bought it today. It goes in on Monday the 4th along with the Garrett GT35RLS Turbo. Chears. And sorry for stealing this post.
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

lol damn right ure sorry