Wide body and narrow body springs

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

Well I got a call one day asking if I had some factory widebody starion rims that Id like to sell. Turns out the guy owns a car yard and had been in japan buying cars, and had been at the right place at the right time. So he bought this car at a VERY good price, shipped it back to NZ and drove it around for 6 months or so on dealer plates, as it can not be complied and there for regeristed (not yet anyway).
Anyway he had found him self another toy in Japan, so the wife said he had to sell something. He was calling me about some rims.... And said he was selling it and told me how much he wanted for it.... The next day I was round at his yard checking it out.
He had put a new clutch in it and the thing was really tidy, so I made it mine :)
It came with some 15 inch white rims that have since made way for these rims I found on Trade Me at a to good to be true price.
They are 18 x10.5 inch on the front and 18x11.5 rears. And have the offsets just right.
1984 Sigma Super, Turbo Wagon
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks
1984 GSR II 4G63 302kw atw at 24psi

http://www.facebook.com/marvinmartiannz

ImageImage
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

redzone wrote:steve i'd be very reluctant to go bigger than 9's in front, my widey still had charlie's 18's on it when i first drove it down sydney, and it tram tracked with 9's.....
Mines ok. Dosent "tram tracked" to much at all. The front right wheel bearing is buggered tho.
And the front wheels hit the top of the inner guard from time to time. Not to badly but have removed the dirt from the plastic :)

The widey and narrow starions have different front wheel bearings dont they???
1984 Sigma Super, Turbo Wagon
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks
1984 GSR II 4G63 302kw atw at 24psi

http://www.facebook.com/marvinmartiannz

ImageImage