Problems with rough running GSR-V with DASH engine...

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

No worries bout the manual FST4RD, I just managed to buy one on eBay for 1986 starion, might have some useful stuff in it!

Redzone, YES, and yes, opening it wide with my foot is the ONLY way to get it to start really. It did it real bad today.

Basically if i turn it over, nothing happens. Open it right up, it'll start to fire a bit, and blows juicy black smoke. Keep it wide and eventually a few more cylinders will start and it's going, with heaps of black smoke.
My two thoughts today were:

A) Over choking? Dunno how to check OR fix this?

B) Injectors as you say.

Because it seems like it's REAL rich, and opening the throttle allows just enough air in to lean it down a bit. Yuk.

SO, if anyone can help me rule out over choking, then I think i'll be trying to source some new injectors.

Anyone know if DASH injectors are the same as others? Not to mention where I might be able to acquire some?

Thanks again everyone for your input. This is definitely helping me not be so bugged the problems it's having, and feeling like I have good hope in fixing it! :beer
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

they cant overchoke, its not like a carby setup, no adjustments for that, its set into the ecu's look up tables. it 100% has to be a leaking injector. probably only one aswell, so what i'd be doing is ring up electronic injector services (mobile van) and get themn to come out and clean and test them. i had one earlier this year was just a bit of crap lodged between the pintle and nose of the injector, cleaning it fixed it without replacing the injector.

whatever u do, tell them to pull it apart the least amount possible, as they may not be able to get some o-rings or parts etc.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

I'll take a photo of the garage floor for you when it's light, there's a huge black streak on the ground from fuel coming out the back. When the cars cold you can't stand behind the exhaust or you get black stuff all up your leg.... Runs rich as a Mofo!
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah thats pretty typical of early efi cars....
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Haha yeh I know what you mean with the black stuff! My car spot has a bit black spray spot, even on the gravel. And so does my spot at work rofl

Thanks Redzone! I'll give some injector guys a call! I'm gonna run a bottle of the NULON cleaner through the system, see if that helps (unless anyone yells and says that stuff is nasty). But yeh then i'll call some injector people.

:D

1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

:D :D Getting the injectors re-conditioned fixed it! :D :D

WUHOO! It runs so smoothly now! I'm very happy.

Cost me $90 through a place called Powerflow Injection, and they were ready real quick.

So thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction. :beer

enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Yay!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

MitsuMadness wrote::D :D Getting the injectors re-conditioned fixed it! :D :D

WUHOO! It runs so smoothly now! I'm very happy.

Cost me $90 through a place called Powerflow Injection, and they were ready real quick.

So thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction. :beer
no worries mate glad to be of assistance!