Fuel pump

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
zippo
I've been here before

Post by zippo »

most bosch pumps are noisy , they are best mounted on the insulated bracket available at most speed shops .

you need to remember that these pumps are meant for kj tronic or mechanical injection purpose ,and it is recomended that you run a relay and seperate line for them to the correct amp level .

switching pumps to other flow rates mucks around with fuel pressure , check that first .

and it not un common to get a false tank reading , you may be empty when the guage shows 1/4 full .

make sure you are using an external pump and not an internal as this wil cause problems

my choice walbro gsl 392 , monster of a pump , no wiring upgrades as it is low voltage , a bit of running around to enzed to get fittings , easy fit and cheap .

this pump will feed 500+hp with ease . this pump will tolerate methanol and race gas better than the bosch type .
old skool jap ...........
there is no substitute...........
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Something that might be useful to you.

When a pump dies, it's worth checking the in-tank fuel filter.

Details of where to get a replacement (Bitsarshitty don't stock them and they're pretty crappy anyway :roll: ) in this link:

http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.p ... uel+filter
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Thanks for the comments guys.

Over the last few years...make that last 10 or so years, i've had a few fuel pump replacements to different stazzas
and there's always an issue with the pump.

Either too loud or something else or die in the 1st month.

In this case I've had the tank taken out and cleaned, new in-fuel filter, fuel filter, full tank of premium fuel
with Nulon and full service.

I'll get the mechanic/auto electrician to check it out and post results....
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L