sirius dash, how tough?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
isnowi
[P] Plates

Post by isnowi »

when you say exactly the same, do you mean that the rods are exactly the same rods or that they are the same size?
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

The conrod journals/pin diameters are the same size between the VR4 RS and DASH.

The VR4 Bottom End mains caps are 4 Bolts' and the Block comes with Oil Squirters, so the Bottom End is a further reliabilty revision upon the DASH :wink:
isnowi
[P] Plates

Post by isnowi »

hmm ,i've actually read some interesting material on the oil squirters, i know of a few engine builders that remove them when building a strong motor as they are allegedly prone to clogging and starving the main caps of oil , causing 'crankwalk'. i don't know if there is truth to it all but the anecdotal evidence presented makes sense.

righto so it looks as if the dohc head will work with the dash bottom end, i'll probably still go down the route of vr4 pistons, but leave the dash rods. out of interest whats the stock CR of a dash?
AB
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by AB »

I've seen a cr of 8.5 mentioned a few days (or weeks?) ago on this forum for the dash engine.