Alternator

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Re: Bosch Belt

Post by SpidersWeb »

BLOFLY wrote:Bosch Part no. 11A0965 -Raw Edge Cogged Super Belt is the correct length alternator belt I think.
The BOSCH belt listings are too short. There was no way in hell the BOSCH Starion power steering belt could of fitted on my car. The slightly longer alternator belt I got at the same time only just fit on the steering pulley (pump tensioner on minimum setting + wind it half on and use the starter motor to flick it on).

Would recommend measuring the belt length beforehand if possible. I know their power steering listing was too short for my car, but I never got to try the alternator as the alternator belt is now on my power steering and the new steering belt on the garage floor.

If I was to get new belts again, Id add 20-30mm as a guesstimate.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Yea I had that same problem at first, I thought ti was the guy behind the counter at first.

On the uphand I bought a Gates p/s belt according to the book and that went on perfect.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Just had a quick test of the new alternator, that was the problem :D now to find a crimp with a small thread hole/large wire capacity