So seems to be no fix to problem with my Staz...

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Marc
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Marc »

My 2 cents...

CRACK in the EXHAUST MANIFOLD???

I had that issue with the exact same symptoms you describe a while back..

When the engine was hot and under load you would notice it more..as the crack would get slightly bigger with more heat.

Once i replaced it, fixed the problem.
82' Silver JA
turbo_l200
Lil' Dorifto

Post by turbo_l200 »

has it got a standard ecu ??? cause iv got a wolf 3d in my ute and it done just that until i got it dyno tuned, just a thourght lol.

good luck with it mate
zegga
[P] Plates

Post by zegga »

Just thought id put this out there. My car does this whenever i let the fuel go below 1/4 on the gauge. Whenever i use more than 50% throttle the car will go into some strange mode where itll just cough and splutter buck and generally behave badly until itll just stall. If i turn it off and straight back on again its fine until i throttle it again. Above 1/4 and its fine.
rodney007
I love starions

Post by rodney007 »

zegga wrote:Just thought id put this out there. My car does this whenever i let the fuel go below 1/4 on the gauge. Whenever i use more than 50% throttle the car will go into some strange mode where itll just cough and splutter buck and generally behave badly until itll just stall. If i turn it off and straight back on again its fine until i throttle it again. Above 1/4 and its fine.
yeah, thats not something they do as standard.
Tamgesic
I love starions

Post by Tamgesic »

I would not have thought so!!

Hi .

Have'nt been on here in awhile

Mainly because my baby has been sitting in my drive ...UNDRIVEABLE ..kills me.

I have been running round in a little Beamer but is not the same and want my Starion on the roasd and running mint asap

I have a thousand dollar 4g64 engine with the mpi manifold all sitiing there and ready to go .

Think i need to mpi ..a new computer and would solve problem?

Thing is I am not totally sure how to go about it all...seems to big a job for lil old me with my limited mechanical skills.

Replaced fuel pump..got the usual excitement expecting it would be a fix....drove off down the road ..about 200 metres later Staz starts to bunny hop, cough, slputter, fart.

Tried everything..even the mechanics dont know.

Ideas? Would love to get it all sorted ready for summer
Umbrella girls rock. That is all
Adriano
I've been here before

Post by Adriano »

Check the wiring in the dizzy, my old ja the wiring was burnt, and as teh vac advance moved the pickup, the wiring would short
rodney007
I love starions

Post by rodney007 »

take it to another mechanic.

dont give up on them, just takes one to find its simple problem,

saves you buy all new parts when u find out its something only worth 5 cents.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

This car needs to go to a decent workshop equipped with a diagnostic analyzer hooked up while on the dyno. Work through it scientifically rather than just guessing and prodding. Trace it back for any electrical fault then work through the fuel flow if the electrics are functioning OK.

Its just an engine so its one or the other.

Until you start to isolate and eliminate you are just wasting more money and time. Spend some money being logical, it'll save you in the long run.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

WANTSOM wrote:This car needs to go to a decent workshop equipped with a diagnostic analyzer hooked up while on the dyno. Work through it scientifically rather than just guessing and prodding. Trace it back for any electrical fault then work through the fuel flow if the electrics are functioning OK.

Its just an engine so its one or the other.

Until you start to isolate and eliminate you are just wasting more money and time. Spend some money being logical, it'll save you in the long run.
That is some very good advice Tam
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
Adriano
I've been here before

Post by Adriano »

Greg can be a smart cookie when he tries
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

We all need to know our limits and be prepared to realise that there are smarter people out there and swallow our pride and ask for help when we get stuck.
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

...And sometimes you're so close to the problem that you cannot see the solution even if it was staring you in the face. Who's been there...? I have countless times...
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.