Tonight I started to remove my engine

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Station
I like starions more

Post by Station »

I picked the engine up today. It was a disaster, but to cut the story short, I had no van to transport it, nor an engine crane to remove it from my poor Astra, which had it's rear tyre shreedded on the arches!!

I abandoned the idea and decided to use my own intiative, a chain and loads of wood. And loaf crates.

I used brute force getting this out, but managed it, with one person and a single chain!! It's now dragged in the corner of the driveway.

ImageImageImage

I also plopped my wheels on, hated the old ones, the car only really looks good with the originals. The rears are immensely wide (Esp with spacers :D )

ImageImageImageImage

Put engine in tomorrow (with engine crane), hopefully have a test drive in the evening. :) I'm bushed.
1987 Mitsubishi Starion 2.0 Turbo RHD with 88 - 90 engine (?), manual gearbox (MAP Sensor'd).
LSD, Intercooler, ABS, leather interior, air con
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Nice work, Hopefully you look like Arnie soon :beer

Can't wait to see how it goes.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

After arsing about aligning clutches and hookin up gearboxes while under the car, im firmly of the opinion that its easier to remove the gearbox at the same time, bolt it to the new engine, then angle the whole thing back in as one. Aligning the gearbox and bolting it on when its out of the car is just oh so much easier.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

agreed :beer
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.