Engine Issues On Startup

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

Hi

I'm pretty sure the issue isn't injectors, so sure that I have started getting parts to solve the issue.

Injectors spray fine they drip when shut down but only 3 drops.

I'm convinced that the head gasket is letting water into cylinder 4 possibly also 3, when I shut down the car I reacon the pressure in the cooling system is forcing water into the cylinder as it dosn't hold pressure for long.
Evidence is the radiator draining to half and when I removed the back plug it was rusted up.

I initially put the water leak down to the way it leaks from the radiator cap from a warped filler cap but have changed my mind now.

So my process is new dura-pro graphite gasket, rings to replace the possibly water damaged ones, new stem seals on valves, having bottom end checked for a rattle, radiator will be looked at were cap is, new HD clutch (I wanna hear thoughts on ceramic HD clutches particularly those from sunbury brakes), want gearbox looked at, new fuel pump and regulator, fine tuning and then have it dyno tuned.

Will be a bit b4 it's on road again
Dallas
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
rodney007
I love starions

Post by rodney007 »

i ran the staz with no a/f meter for a while, maybe these things are similar to yours.

rough cold starts
idle at 500rpm
would have to throttle to bring around 1k rpm, but would pulse like a rotary
would only idle at norm when engine started to warm

maybe you could try another a/f meter,

just a thought, peace