diff ratio's

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

2 grand for a starion LSD?
You found a genuine new mitsubishi one or something?
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
starion4me
I've been here before

Post by starion4me »

StarionPWR wrote:Anyone know where i can find a 3.9 ratio diff to go in my 86 starion?
Would be very keen on one.
Dude, i was talking to simon tonight (the guy who built your starion and owned it for years) said he put the 3.9 in the car and it made his 1/4 mile times worse as it caused more wheel spin off the line. He put the 3.55 back in.

He agreed that it would pull over 260 in 5th. Simon did rebuild the gearbox many years ago when he was working at the gearbox factory.

If you ever do go to sell your car please PM me so i can let simon know - he may want it back one day - a lot of history there
Chrysler Conquest (SOLD)
270.6 Kw (362 HP) @ the wheels
oped
I like starions more

Post by oped »

Starion_Turbo wrote:2 grand for a starion LSD?
You found a genuine new mitsubishi one or something?
Thats for a second hand one. Why how much can you get them for?
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

they are typically around $800 - $950 when they pop up.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

who the f&%k quoted u $2000????!!!!

u could get that one from that US guy for about a grand at most, including the air freight!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Probs is they need a rebuild when they get here.....anyone else had to do this? Cost was $1750 from what i hear from a person here who had to do this. Guessing that plus fitting and your at $2000 easy.