Fuel pump

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
skip
Registered Bitch

Fuel pump

Post by skip »

Mine died.

Is there any particular brand / model I should be looking for? I need the car back on the road by the weekend (or Monday at the latest), so I'll probably get the mechanic to sort one out for me (unless someone here has a new one..).

Additionally, anything in particular to avoid when getting one?

This one lasted 7 years. Can't complain.
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

Easiest way to get it back on the road.. get hold of Flav or Redzone, and hit them up for a stock one. They usually have one or two laying around.
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

VL Calais!
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

the VL can be made to fit, but i have a better option, a bosch upgrade that GOES STRAIGHT IN! i'll get a price for ya. the original starion pump is a SCARY price new.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

Cheers, that would be great. I guess it's kind of lucky that I'm on holidays, but having the vehicle off the road is a bitch due to a lot of running around that I had to do, and especially annoying as next week I was going to get a service, quote for rust removal and get my new wheels on :(

Let me know a price and approximately how much postage will be to get sent to Adelaide. I'm taking it to the workshop tomorrow to get it 100% confirmed that it's the fuel pump, and a quote with and without fuel pump supplied. If it is better to get the Bosch pump (I'm assuming better specced than stock?), I might organise with you to get it sent straight to the mechanic.

If you can't find a price right away, do you have a rough estimate?

Thanks in advance.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

grab a second hand one from the wreckers, shouldn't cost much and will get you out of trouble.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

cant remember off the top of my head, will get a price tomorrow mate :beer
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

I'm pretty sure the VL goes straight in...
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

not quite. if u use the VL u need to take the banjo fitting-hose off and use a length of efi hose to go from the fuel pump to the metal line, and push the fuel line over the flare fitting.

matt g
[P] Plates

Post by matt g »

so what is this bosch pump, my fuel pump is dying as well so i'll need a replacement pump, and i didnt see any banjo fitting on what i thought was the fuel pump,

im i little confused
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

on the outlet side of your original pump it has a flexible fuel line which has a banjo fitting on the pump end, and a screw on flare type fitting where the flexible line attaches to the hard line which runs to the front of the car. the bosch pump i have found is a direct replacement for the original starion pump (slight fiddling with the wire connectors of course), using a different size banjo bolt which i include with the pump when i sell them. this bosch pump is a mega upgrade, will feed 450HP+ at the flywheel, sells for $320 with the bolt.

i have one in stock currently i was going to fit to my widebody, if u want the original one from my widebody which is in working order, i will sell that for $100. has done under 150000km, 88 model car. let me know if ur interested..

matt g
[P] Plates

Post by matt g »

ah thanks im with you now, ill let you know,
skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

Did I have a headfuck or what...I got a Goss pump (straight fit, $350ish...erk!) fitted. Pity I had it back from the shop less than a day before there was a few leaks. Mmm, the smell of petrol in the car. Yuck.

Took it back, got it fixed. All good now though.

In summary, what a shit position and design for the fuel pump, regulator and associated bits :wtf: :x
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

I thought I'd dig this post up and comment on the Bosch VL Turbo pump I've had just put in my GSR-V.

After start up. the pump initially is quiet and smooth, but after an hour or so on the road it starts getting very
noisey to the point you feel it's going to self explode.

I'm wondering if there a problem with the pump??? or is there a need for some wiring mods with some relay
to stop this occuring?

Comments???
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

sounds like it is getting air, which is not good. what fuel level do u have in the tank?